To Sway or Not to Sway?

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH and I are going to start trying to conceive soon. We both would like a boy first. Him because it'd be his boy, and me because I have seen brothers be protective of their younger sisters (even with my brother and sister since I'm the oldest) but haven't experienced a protective older brother. I know it might not turn out that our son would be protective of our daughter, but I'd like a shot at it.

I have no problem with trying to sway for one gender, knowing that it may not work since we just want a baby. However, I'm worried that swaying for one gender will hurt our chances to conceive. Does anyone feel like trying to sway for a gender may have made it take longer to become pregnant?

November 17th, 2011, 05:09 PM
host of wttc
hi hunny

i have one of each as you know and my ds did take longer to conieve but that was dh messing around.
but when swaying for a boy you have a better change of getting pregnant i think because boys you have to be super sperm friendly for.
go for it hun the way i see it if you don't you will always wonder what if.
good luck if you need any advice hun just shout you know where to find me

thank you to babydoll213 for my sig
November 17th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks! That's good to know that swaying for a boy is just sperm-friendly in general.

I'd love to hear more experiences, too.

November 20th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think it's easier to sway for a boy, coz you get to DTD on the day before, day of and day after ovulation! We decided we'd just go for it first time round, then try to sway for the other gender second time round.

Good luck! Looking forward to getting to know you!
November 20th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Thanks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search