Mind if I Introduce Myself?

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Hello! My name is Tiffany and I am a 26 year old mother of two beautiful girls Rayne (4) and Saige (2). My husband Bobby (27) and I have talked about having one more child, sometime before I hit 30. Since we only plan on having one more baby we would like to do our very best at concieving a boy, but of course I would love our little blessing regardless of gender. Bobby is the last Male to carry his family name and is convinced we will only have girls - lol. (The name thing isn't such a huge concern or anything just an interesting tidbit.) Our past experience has shown us that we easily get pregnant so I know I'll have to be very careful in this process. I have been pregnant three times. The first was unplanned and happened as a result of one time not having protected sex around the time of ovulation... usually I keep a close eye on my cycles and our method of birth control back then was all about timing. I miscarried at 6 weeks though, and I took it a lot harder than I expected. I had one cycle after that before intentionally getting pregnant with my oldest. We waited a while and decided that after Rayne turned two years old we would try for another. Rayne's second birthday was January 5, 2009 and we became pregnant with Saige somewhere around January 11, 2009.

I am very interested in learning about swaying as this is the first time I will be attempting to encourage one gender over the other. There is a lot out there and I'm not sure how much is truth and what parts are myth. It will be at least six months before we even start trying but I want to be prepared in any way I can. Our hope is to move into a house of our own sometime around April or May of next year and if we are doing alright financially we could possibly start trying to get pregnant as early as June or July of 2012. By then Rayne will already be 5 and Saige will be 2 or 3 months shy of 3. I would prefer if our children weren't too far apart in age but of course you never know what life will throw at you so I don't want to get excited or tied down to any particular time frame. Truth of the matter is though I can feel that baby bug creeping up on me. lol.

Sorry this has been so long winded, I guess I'm a little excited! I look forward to getting to know all of you and learn a lot in the process.

November 16th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Hulaswim's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome Mysticmommy! I am glad you are here. There a lot of ladies with lots of experience and knowledge to share so ask lots of questions and be patience as sometimes it takes a while to get your answer.
I have learned a lot from reading older post. You should also look at the stickies which give you more info on diet and supplements to go along with timing. I say is a good idea to chart your temperatures on a bbt chart so you can have an idea of when you ovulate.
That is all for now and welcome again!

Waiting for my daughter

November 16th, 2011, 11:01 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
welcome!
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

November 17th, 2011, 03:58 PM
host of wttc
hi hun welcome to the board.
i'm michelle i'm mum to nicole 10 and zac 3 we will be ttc pink in may 2012 so about same time as you. i have one of each and my diet between them to was so different and it seems to match what they say.
for zac i ate alot 3 big meals plus snacks i ate meat, lots takeaways, chocolate, drank lots coke and coffee. with bd part we bd every other day it took me awhile to conieve him so i was doinf everything to be sperm friendly so i stayed in bed and pulled the sperm into me with pelivc floor exercises.

heres a couple of good places to do your research
gender dreaming is a great site loads info plus it has on diet which is great.
in gender doesn't exsite anymore but you may still able to acess there diet by searching not sure.

also you must come join us on waiting to try to conieve.

i look forward to getting to know you hun

thank you to babydoll213 for my sig
November 19th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board! The ladies above gave you lots of great advise.

Based on my own experience, timing seemed to work the best for me (first pregnancy we conceived a girl, DTD 4 days prior to ovulation (lost at 15 weeks), second pregnancy was a boy, which was conceived right around ovulation). We are trying to sway pink this time, so are doing the diet as well as timing.

Good luck, looking forward to getting to know you
November 20th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Amari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I would focus on the diet and supps until then which I just learned about recently. I am ttc a girl. This site is good and in-gender was, I don't know what happened to them. I was also using genderdreaming but they are down since last night too! there is a diet section on this board too!

November 20th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Hi everyone I have just joined and so far loving what I am reading
I am ttc a girl but have read so many things that I am confused lol
I guess I am looking for advice especially with the girl diet!

On some things I read it says all the normal stuff but then I go to read another
Article and it says not to eat those same foods ......,.so am really confused

Any advice would be much appreciated
November 21st, 2011, 11:09 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Thank you all for your warm welcomes and terrific advice! Happy to be here and eager to learn. I will most likely pop in and join the Waiting to try to conceive forum as well. Took a peak at a couple of the stickies and glad to find so much great information.

Welcome Huney bb!! I wish I could offer some advice however although I have two girls I wasn't attempting to sway with either of them. We got pregnant on the first try both times lol. Glad to have you here, I'm new too so we can learn all about swaying together

Tags
boy , swaying

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search