mommies of boys

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2011, 04:12 PM
host of wttc
please share what you ate before concieving your son and if you can remember anything else like timing.

thank you to babydoll213 for my sig
November 17th, 2011, 04:19 PM
host of wttc
i was at my heaviest weight i have ever been when i conieved my son.
i always ate breakfast often it would be a full cooked breakfast of bacon egg sausage beans etc or cereal, i ate snacked all the time on crisps, chocolate, sausage rolls, pastys. i drank lots of coffee and coke hardly any water. i would have full meals at lunch including meat and often a take out for tea i was having these alot. i ate cheese, meat, no veg, lots rubbish

timing wise we bd ever other day and bd on ov day i had big o and stayed in bed and pulled the sperm into me. after ov i didn't bd again till well after i found out i was pg. he was on top.

thank you to babydoll213 for my sig
November 17th, 2011, 10:47 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hmm i ate alot of chips, potatoes, beef, tomatoes, soda milk, cereals, breads, fries, apples, bananas, salads, ice cream, gravey, rice, hmmm idk what else i ate. I did have sex alot..except for babies #2 4 and 6..we barely had sex, well I barely did. I still ended up pregnant with boys. I did orgasm..So I wonder if that had anything to do with it. Ihonestly did not chart or watch anything with any of my baby boys..so I cant say what my cm was or anything..Sorry.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

November 18th, 2011, 05:56 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
DS1: Heavier than I had been in my life (steroid weight gain for a liver issue, not sure if that had an effect), ate lots of cereal (grains in general actually), very little fruit. Had sex twice (on the 14th and 19th...Oed on the 19th). Man on top, no O.

DS2: Back to a normal weight. Ate lots of dairy, meat, and grains. Some veg/fruit too...a more balanced diet in general. Plenty of diet drinks though. Had sex four days consecutively before O, including O day. Woman on top, did O.

So I think the timing is the primary factor in common. We were not trying for DS1 (he was a surprise), but we were for DS2. I think *if* we decide to sway next time (I am leaning toward not), we will concentrate on timing more than anything else.
November 19th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't really remember what I was eating, but with timing, my son was conceived on the day I was ovulating. With my first pregnancy (which we lost at 15 weeks), we fell pregnant by DTD 4 days prior to ovulation (it was a girl).

November 20th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Amari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 2 boys and I eat healthful foods, not really any red meat, mostly chicken, turkey, salads, whole wheat pasta, but a lot of protein, and I eat often. With ds1 we dtd for 18 days in a row and I O'd and laid in bed with my hips propped up. I was taking Royal jelly, and cod liver oil. With DS2 we dtd less frequently, I don't remember, maybe every few days? I was eating about the same way, pretty nutriously and high protein.

November 20th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not sure with my first two. With this one I wanted to sway for a girl. I was drinking acidic drinks and BD about 4 days before O. I think the problem was we then BD on the day I O'ed. So I am now pregnant with my third boy.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
November 21st, 2011, 07:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to heartsleeve71
I have 2 DD's and didn't pay attention to timing with either. This one, I wanted my boy cause we have 4 girls between us an I think most of it was in the timing. We drank lemon water and used ph neutral lube etc. I think mostly it was BD'ing on O day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search