mommies of girls

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2011, 04:13 PM
host of wttc
please share what you ate before you conieved your daugther and anything else you can remember that might help like timing etc

thank you to babydoll213 for my sig
November 17th, 2011, 04:25 PM
host of wttc
when i conieved my daugther i never ate breakfast i didn't have time, didn't snack either didn't have time, lunch was always a roll or sandwich and crisps, tea would be something quick like omlette or chicken burger. i only ate chicken. never drank milk never ate cheese. ate loads yogurts, didn't drink tea/coffee. rarely drank coke. i was slim and always on adiet.

timing i have no idea. i do know we bd alot and i the day we conieve our daugther we bd 13 times that day. i know this was the time cause we was using condoms and we ran out. we stayed in bed all day lol.

November 17th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Amari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
13 x! ; )

November 17th, 2011, 10:39 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
13? lol thats an awful lot of times in one day .. but good to know that what i did is exactly like you

except for the 13 times hehe we done it 7 times in 6 days tho lol
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

November 19th, 2011, 06:03 AM
host of wttc
lol we hadn't been together long and it was spread over the day. we only counted cause once we had got past 5 we was laughing about it.

November 21st, 2011, 11:16 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Although I wasn't swaying I remember that I ate a lot of yogurt and other dairy products

November 25th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am a BIGTIME Diet Coke drinker and I heard that can really pull girl. We also got pregnant from sex 6 days before O! Attempting that way though, it could take years to GET pregnant,

December 2nd, 2011, 08:06 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
I don't recall eating any differently in either 3 of my pregnancies.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
January 16th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wasn't swaying but both times we had girls we bd 3 days before "o" day and not again until 3 days later. I don't do dairy though or drink diet coke. But like someone already said... doing it 3 days before you ovulate could take a while to get pregnant in the first place!

April 14th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My first girl was a surprise and we DTD 5 days before O. I eat a lot of carbs and diet coke.

My second girl we were NTNP and I was eating some what healthier. We just DTD all the time and I still got a girl.

My theory is that DH has super sperm that live longer than average lol. When we were NTNP and doing it all the time, the girl sperm were up there waiting!
April 24th, 2012, 08:10 PM
inlove08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We completely missed ovulation day. We had sex before I O'd never on the O day or after. 3 days in a row day 13,14,15 ovulated on 16 and had a baby girl

Thank you Vicki.... for my beautiful siggie!!!
May 28th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Regular
I have one girl and I don't remember what I ate probably pretty much what I eat now but with a bit more spicy food as my ex was Hispanic and his family cooked spicy. I do know that we conceived our dd the first time we made love and it was exactly 1 day after my period. So that is what we shall try this time because I would love another girl being the mother of 1 girl and 2 boys. I doubt I will change my diet much. I also plan on BDing every other day until I get a pos.
May 28th, 2012, 07:35 PM
H_Hplus1's Avatar Supermom to 6
With my girls, I was a huge icecream eater!! My boys I was put off of dairy at the time and sweets in general as I worked the desserts at Ryans. I did eat alot of meat...the smell of steak (plus at half price) had me eating a ton of red meat!! I just found out I'm pregnant and won't know for awhile. I have eaten a ton of blizzards and not much red meat as my daughter is now a vegetarian so have been eating like her. My 1 DD we BD ALOT too....

Jace Allan 7 lb 3 oz, 20 1/2 "

My other beautiful children and precious baby Grandson!!
January 17th, 2013, 05:11 PM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
With my boys (I have 5 boys) I O'd every single time, there was deep penetration at the time of ejaculation, and I did not jump right up out of bed (jump and dump)

With my ONLY girl, I did NOT O, we bd in the "doggy style" position (sorry if TMI, but you asked ) and I had dh pull almost all the way out and literally just have like the very tip of him in me when he went off. The I jumped up and lots fell out.

Got my girl.

All times I have gotten pg have been during ovulation or very close to. I do not seem to get pregnant if I try to time it for 2-3 days before then abstain, so getting a girl that way wasn't going to work for me. I wasn't getting any baby at all that way. So I did it this way and it worked!
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
January 19th, 2013, 04:28 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't eat any different with my boys or my girl. But timing of BD was different. Both of my boys we BDed on ovulation day, but with my girl we totally avoided ovulation day. And I very much know when I ovulate.

January 20th, 2013, 10:32 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
We weren't swaying either way, we were basically just having fun and weren't trying to get pregnant (we were in the process of trying to get on the Walter Reed IVF list!). We had sex CD 9 and CD 14 and on CD 23 found out I was pregnant. My OB and I believe I ovulated early (although we won't know for sure which day cause I wasn't tracking) but we DTD at night both times and I would get up and go to the bathroom afterwards.

As far as what I ate, I ate a lot of chicken, had a cup of coffee every morning. Other than those two things, I honestly don't quite remember. I ate a variety of different stuff.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
February 28th, 2013, 05:10 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DTD 7+ days before Ov and every day through Ov.
Don't orgasm during sex.
Husband hot shower.
Husband weird briefs not boxers.
Keep PH low.
conceive closer to the New Moon than a Full Moon.
Use Ions. (fans, rock salt lamps, ion bracelet)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search