Here we go again...swaying for girl cd3 who is with me!

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2011, 09:54 PM
Hulaswim's Avatar Super Mommy
So my last attempt didn't get me pregnant. I am not sure why. Maybe my ph was way too low and with the cut-off there was none left? Idk but I am back to the 2ww for ovulation. Anyone wants to be buddies?

Waiting for my daughter

November 23rd, 2011, 11:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm with ya! I'm on CD9 at the moment (24th November). We are planning on DTD on CD13 + 14 as I ovulate on CD17.

Pink dust to both of us!

November 23rd, 2011, 10:19 PM
Hi Kiwi
I usually ovulate on cd16 (I think). ANC I will try a two days and 3 cut-off. But i think if I am very sure about my ovulation time, then I will try O+12.
I am also taking supplements. What about you?

Waiting for my daughter

November 24th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We are trying to do the diet, but are not being very disciplined about it! But I am taking folic acid, B6, calcium and magnesium... so we shall see

DTD every day commenced last night! Haha, it feels so clinical planning it like this, but I don't think DF is complaining... we'll DTD every day now til Tuesday, which should be a 3 day cut off. Ugh, I just hope the stress from my up and coming wedding (10th Dec) doesn't delay ovulation at all.

November 24th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Congratulations on your wedding!
I am having big trouble with the diet right now because it's thanksgiving and there are so many yummy desserts and food it's just too hard to skip it. I just had some pumpkin roll so to make it better I ate some yogurt wi black currants?
This time around I will do it only two times before ovulation (that got me pregnant the last time) and if I have cm I will dry it out with sudafed which I accidentally did that time too because I thought I had sinus.
That is all for now and let me know how you are doing with dh. Sometimes they feel a little used with so much planning (that'd why mine doesn't know about any details )

Waiting for my daughter

November 24th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DF doesn't seem to mind the planning too much... he wants a little girl as much as I do, so he seems all for it (we lost a little girl in our first pregnancy, and are only planning on two kids, so really want one of each). Obviously we just want a healthy baby, but if a little swaying gets us a girl, then we're both all for it! Also, since having our son, our sex life hasn't exactly been rocking, so when I tell him we 'have to' DTD, he's happy as!! lol!

Yes, can imagine how hard it is avoiding all that nice food! I'm actually a little allergic to dairy, hence the calcium supplement, but am still eating lots of cheese and yogurt! I now have eczema all up my arms and a runny nose... oh the things we do for babies! Xmas and a week long camping holiday is just around the corner, so am really hoping I just get pregnant this cycle, then can go back to eating what I normally do.

Do you already have kids?

November 26th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Yes. I have a son. He is 6 years old and very handsome, smart and nice. We also lost a baby girl. I was 20 weeks. I just want another girl now. But of course a boy would be fine (but a girl first would be better).
I wish my dh was like your df. Mine doesn't really want more babies. He is just happy with one. So that is a disappointment and sometimes we get into arguments because of it. He is always contrary to what I want. Very difficult husband. Oh well hopefully he can give me a daughter. I need to keep myself positive right?
Lots of baby dust for you and me and all the ladies wanting girls! how far along where you when you lost your daughter?

Waiting for my daughter

November 26th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for your loss We were 15 weeks when we made the decision to terminate our pregnancy. Unfortunately our baby girl had too much of one chromosome, and not enough of another... which resulted in her not forming correctly. It was one of the most horrific experiences I have ever been though and I would not wish it on my worst enemy. After that, we went through genetic testing ourselves to try and find out why that happened, and it turns out I am a carrier for a genetic disorder (Balanced Translocation)... So with every pregnancy, if I don't miscarry (of which I have a 50% chance of doing), we will go through a CVS procedure at 12 weeks to make sure the baby has 23 pairs of chromosomes, all in the right place - otherwise the baby will most likely die during the pregnancy.

I totally understand the obsession to have a little girl, after having lost one. I love my son to pieces, but totally feel like I'm suppose to be a Mum to a little girl. I try to keep telling myself that the baby needs to be healthy, and that is all that matters, but I'm so scared I'll be disappointed or upset if I have another boy I don't think we'll find out the gender while pregnant, that way I won't have to much time to think about it... Once the baby is here and in my arms, it won't matter about the gender!

I'm so sorry your husband isn't being supportive That must be really hard. I was so insanely desperate to get pregnant again after we lost our daughter... and am lucky my DF supported that. Today it has been two years exactly since we lost our baby girl, and I still find it so upsetting. We planted a tree in memory of her today. I don't think men really understand how the loss of a baby can effect a women.

November 27th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Amari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, ladies! Hulu, how have you been? Sorry you didn't get your bfp last month. Hopefully this will be your month! Hi, Kiwi! Congrats on your wedding! Sorry about your loss.

I am hopefully joining you! I started the medicine to get my period a few days ago so I take that for 10 days and then I should get my period and start the clomid! It's all new to me so I don't know how I will respond. I also starting go pretty strict with the diet and lost more weight so I hope I didn't lose too much and negatively affect my fertility even further. I'm down really low right now. I just can't seem to get this whole sway thing right!

November 28th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Amari! Welcome to the board! Looking forward to obsessing over all your symptoms with you

November 29th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
And the deed has been done...now the waiting begins! Lots of cramps today, so really hoping I'm not going to ovulate early, please send me 'don't-ovulate-yet-vibes'! Hoping to ovulate on Friday.

December 1st, 2011, 03:12 PM
hello ladies im also trying swaying for girl,i have 3 beautiful sons and i should be happy with what i got,but something is telling me that i should be a mum to a girl,i feel really selfish as their are women out there that cant ever have a baby of their own,ive had 3 miscarriages and now im on my 4th miscarriage now was told 2 weeks ago that baby died around 8 weeks,think i might have to have d and c as i havent passed the sac,i just want to get back to normal and try again...i havent tried swaying for a girl or boy before,i would really love to have a little girl but does swaying really work??...and the chinese gender predictor are all saying i will concieve a boy if i was to get pregnant in the next few months,but how can that predict the baby's gender with ur age,its all down to the sperm right??,would love to hear from you and give me any tips that would be great,gd luck ladies and praying for pink for you
December 1st, 2011, 07:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi there lindsaylou, I'm so sorry for your losses

I really have no idea if swaying works, but from my own experience, timing has seemed to work in regards to DTD certain days prior to ovulation. I'd recommend reading through the stickies on this board about diet, supplements, timing and positions. I figure giving it a shot is worth it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with admitting you want a certain gender over the other... as long as you love the baby with all your heart once it comes along, regardless of gender

Looking forward to getting to know you!

December 1st, 2011, 09:51 PM
Regular
Swaying pink too!!!
December 4th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Zoey1981's Avatar ~Praying4Girl&LoveMyBoys~
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaylou81 View Post
hello ladies im also trying swaying for girl,i have 3 beautiful sons and i should be happy with what i got,but something is telling me that i should be a mum to a girl,i feel really selfish as their are women out there that cant ever have a baby of their own,ive had 3 miscarriages and now im on my 4th miscarriage now was told 2 weeks ago that baby died around 8 weeks,think i might have to have d and c as i havent passed the sac,i just want to get back to normal and try again...i havent tried swaying for a girl or boy before,i would really love to have a little girl but does swaying really work??...and the chinese gender predictor are all saying i will concieve a boy if i was to get pregnant in the next few months,but how can that predict the baby's gender with ur age,its all down to the sperm right??,would love to hear from you and give me any tips that would be great,gd luck ladies and praying for pink for you
I also have 3 beautiful boys and I know the pulling feeling of wanting a daughter. I have had 2 m/c this year (found out I have low progesterone after my twins were born) and can't help but wonder if one was my girl. Since both times I had pg symptoms but with my boys I had none. We of course want a healthy baby but I know if when I get pg again it turns out to be a boy I will be devistated at first since this is our LAST baby. I also have stooped to checking Chinese Calanders, lol. And two say girl this month and others say boy. Not sure if you believe in God but I do so I have been praying like crazy. My DH is working out of town and we only see eachother on the weekends so I am not timing our DTD to O we are just going for it. I am eating a lot of veggies and taking my prenatal vitamins with extra Folic Acid (due to my m/c they increased my Folic acid.) Anyway would love to follow you on your journy and see if you also get your healthy baby girl!
December 4th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board! I'm so sorry for your loses

I had a friend who treated low progesterone with B6. I think she started out taking 50mg per day for a few months and it really helped lengthen out her LP. She had two miscarriages prior to taking the B6, and afterwards conceived a little girl.

Pink dust for everyone!!

December 4th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Zoey1981's Avatar ~Praying4Girl&LoveMyBoys~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
Welcome to the board! I'm so sorry for your loses

I had a friend who treated low progesterone with B6. I think she started out taking 50mg per day for a few months and it really helped lengthen out her LP. She had two miscarriages prior to taking the B6, and afterwards conceived a little girl.

Pink dust for everyone!!
I am suppose to O this coming weekend. Will one week taking B6 help? LoL. I will stil take my progesterone suppliments. I have got to stop thinking about it. Slowing driving myself crazy and I wont enjoy the first trimester (when I do and it sticks) in worry its another boy, lol.
December 20th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Hey all, i've just had my second boy and have always wanted a girl hopefully 3rd time lucky, although dont get me wrong i love my sons with every ounce of my being, i would just like t complete my family with a girl, also I' worried about having more than 3 children, as i have to have c-sections each time

Good luck ladies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search