Hi there, new here!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Regular
Hi, I am joy, mom to two darling boys!! Wishing for some pink around the house

Well its that time of the month again, and another query, question!

We dtd last Thursday night, early Friday am, and also Friday night early Sat am!! I didnt think I was ovulating so we didnt use protection.. (I know you can still get preggo) which leads to my question.. Sunday, (yesterday) I had a few cramps and took an opk and the line came up right away on test(dark and a positive read, and the same today maybe even darker today).. so both were pretty dark.. Then this am I took one again and another definitely dark line.. This evening I am having the ewcm extreme. I have heard you can still get pregnant because sperm can live for a few days.. There is NO question I am ovulating right now. . We always said if we had another we would love a girl! Soo, how likely is it to get pregnant having sex what 24-48 hours before ovulation? Is that considered 24-48 hours? We had sex about 2 am both times, so 2 am friday and 2 am saturday..

Thanks for all you advice you are all so knowledgeable at this!!
November 29th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Joy! Welcome to the board I too already have a little boy so am TTC pink!

If you are TTC a girl, you should try to time DTD at least 3 days PRIOR to ovulating, so I'd say based on your timing, that it would be more likely to be a boy...

There is certainly a chance of pregnancy based on your timing... I fell pregnant the first time by DTD 4 days before ovulation!

Good luck, I hope you get the result you want

November 29th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Regular
Thanks!!! I guess its just a time thing now.. dh wanted to dtd again last night and I said NO WAY.. hehehehehheeh!!!! his male sperms are too strong!!!

Just to add, I did another op, today and again it was positive, thats 3 in a row in 3 days that have been strong.. mmm..
November 29th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmmm... I'm not too sure how opk's work, so can't give you any advise there!

Ugh, I'm so annoyed... I'm getting ovulation cramps today - TWO days early! Please send me 'don't-ovulation-yet' vibes, lol! *sigh* I'm sure two little boys wouldn't be that bad, right?! We won't be having another one!

November 30th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Regular
Kiwi, did you time dtd and that is why you dont want to O early?? sending you dont O yet vibes your way!!!
November 30th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've consistently ovulated on CD17 for the past 4-5 cycles, so yes, we DTD on CD12, 13 and 14, hoping that would be at least 3 days out from ovulation! I'm still very achy and sore so not sure what is going on... I don't normally get this much pain from ovulation.

So when are you expecting AF? What is your 'testing' date?!

November 30th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Regular
My period would be due about Dec 12th, I think I could test around the 8th?? Both by other pregnancies came up on 8/9 DPO with dollar store tests. So I guess its likely I could be pregnant??? When are you testing???
November 30th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
AF will be due on the 14th Dec I think, but I generally wait until I'm 'late' before I test... I never want to see a BFN, so am very good with making myself wait!! lol!

Yep, I think there is a chance you could be pregnant based on when you DTD, good luck!

Oops, my little guy has woken up, better go!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search