is swaying really worth it?

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2011, 10:05 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am starting to think it is not.

I have been swaying pink with my diet since we started ttc in 2009.

not much read meat, avoid salt & caffeine. drink peppermint tea and crystal light, milk, take cranberry and calcium etc.

a friend of mine admits she eats beef all the time, doesn't watch salt, drink regular sodas and never did anything special and found out she is having a girl.

I am starting to think if swaying increases your chances at all it is like less than 1/2 a percent.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

November 30th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
*shrugs* I really have no idea if all this stuff works! Based on my own experience, timing of DTD in relation to ovulation seemed to work for me. Will see how we go with swaying for pink this time around.

November 30th, 2011, 02:33 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think it would be advisable for me to do timing, since I can't even manage to get pregnant when we DTD the day I O.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

November 30th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Regular
I think swaying is always worth a try, but no matter what I know we will all be happy holding that bundle of baby no matter what it ends up being
December 2nd, 2011, 08:01 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
I would say not really. I have 1 boy and 2 girls.. I'm currently pregnant with my 2nd daughters. I didn't watch what I ate at all. We were hoping for a boy but ended up with a girl.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
December 27th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Zoey1981's Avatar ~Praying4Girl&LoveMyBoys~
I personally don't think it does much. I think though it makes us feel like we have more control over things. I know I am a control freak and although I don't do the diets and such I can't seem to get over little things that "might" help. I did know that trying to time dtd drove me insane and stressed me out more than anything. So I gave that up. My brother and his gf dtd all the time esspecially on the days she had a postive OPK and they ended up with a beautiful girl. I just pray really hard and hope He hears me and blesses me with the gender of baby I would like to have. If we end up with another boy we will love him just the same. Who knows maybe end up adopting a girl instead.
January 6th, 2012, 07:05 AM
I think theres something in it I guess the thing is it dosent work for everyone and at the end of the day I really believe we get what we are ment to have.
However I know people who have swayed several times now to get the desired gender each time and its worked but I also know people who have swayed and got the opposite

I do think it can help and I spose its worth a try I think the key is not to get too hopeful just incase it turns out to not be the gender you hoped for as that can be a horrible experience.
There has been scientific tests done to suggest that diets high in salt and pottasium favour boys. and Diets high in magnesium and calcium favours girls
if you look it up on google you may find some of it worth reading
January 6th, 2012, 08:51 PM
HopeTea's Avatar Cautiously expecting #1
If diets high in salt can sway for a boy, then living here in Japan it should be easy to get my wish...

I find myself interested in all the little tips & tricks to sway, but in practice I'm not really doing anything different. I'm pescetarian so no red meats or anything, though. So perhaps if anything I might have a few factors on my side without really trying. But I think most people do realize that at the end of the day, it's still pretty much a 50/50 chance, and no matter what we will be happy with what we get.

January 10th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know that I'm totally convinced that the diet does much at all TBH. But I do think the science behind timing can increase your chances of having one gender over another. But at the end of the day I don't believe you ever have control over it, I truly believe everyone gets what the were meant to have.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search