Times up... Its a..........

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Mommy2Noah&Jack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here is a copy of my post when I got my BFP that detailed my sway.....

Well, we got a !!!!

I am not at all getting my hopes up for a girl because with my track record it is not likely. Though I swayed as much as I could while not being obvious to DH what I was doing.

My sway...
*Supplements: Calcium Citrate (4 a day)
Magnesium (2 a day)
VItamen C (1 a day)
Cranberry (25000 fruit equivalent a day... 1 tab)
Lydia Pinkham (1 day)
Folic Acid (4 a day)
*pH was 4.5 when we DTD and kept through Ovulation
*Used Replens (maybe it was rephresh... its the blue tube with the low
ph) every day about 1/4 inch in the tube.
*Lime Tampon after DTD for an hour then I was getting freaked out by it...lol
*We DTD almost daily that week but he only was up for "depositing" on CD 5 and CD 7. I ovulated on CD 12 or 13 (had +OPK on 12) and felt twinge on CD13. I got another +OPK on CD15. We didnt give it a try except for days 5 & 7 so either way at minimum it was 5 day cutoff.
* No Big O.
* Chinese Gender Charts with Adjusted Age was correct for both my boys and says girl this time.

I didnt do the diet because it would not have been possible without DH knowing I was and then I couldnt ask him spur of the moment to try. He would have been thinking too much since he was on the fence about trying for a third.

So thats my sway and time will tell I guess. Either way I am super excited to have a baby in my arms soon!!!

..... and its a........

I should say ANOTHER...... BOY!!!

I cried when I was told at 17 weeks. I went through denial where I thought I could make out girl parts. Went back at 20 weeks and got another ultrasound and though its different than my other two boys it has to be a boy.... no other explanation... and the tech was certain.

It was my last chance so it looks like a daughter is never in my future I am sad. I am looking forward to meeting my baby boy and happy about him... I just am very sad at never having a daughter and letting that dream of a mother/daughter relationship go. In no way would I not want the baby I am carrying. I just want another chance, kwim? I would never sway again and never leave it to chance. If given the opportunity to do this again its high tech for me and PGD/IVF or adoption. Figured I would update everyone. Good luck to everyone trying to sway. I hope you have better luck than me!

December 5th, 2011, 05:12 PM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your sweet baby boy
December 5th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow... I often wonder if swaying works at all... You did everything you could to sway, so be proud of yourself there!

I know you will love this little guy with ALL your heart, but I understand your disappointment in never having a daughter. I'm really worried I'll feel the same way if we conceive another boy. But I know in my heart, that a healthy baby is all that matters.

(((HUGS))) and congrats on your sweet baby boy

December 7th, 2011, 10:14 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Congrats on your little bundle of blue. And I am sorry that you are not going to get your girl. I am a little worried about it myself. I hang around here because people in here know how that feels. Even with losses under my belt and a complicated pregnancy (last one), I still have a strong desire to have a girl. Not that I don't love my sons to pieces or wouldn't be happy with another little boy. But I do understand having to give up that dream of having a little girl. I wish you all the best with your three little dudes
December 7th, 2011, 12:36 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your sweet baby boy!

(hugs) it is ok to mourn the baby girl you won't have - I know that when I have a 3rd boy I will be disappointed as well...

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

December 12th, 2011, 07:56 AM
I had no idea you could sway this way, sorry it didn't work for you but congrats on your sweet little boy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search