pinpointing ovulation-seeking advice for mommies with boy

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2011, 05:26 PM
hi mommies,

it seems like many of you who conceived boys on ovulation.. but my question is how do i pinpoint which is the "day of ovulation", how do i know that particulat day is the special day as ovulation last for more than one day isnt it? what is the accurate method to pinpoint my ovulation day

please shed some lights... thanks..
December 19th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Highly recommend you read the book 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility'! It explains everything about how to pinpoint ovulation. You will be taught how to tell when you ovulate through your temperature (upon waking each morning), cervical fluid and cervix position, which are the three things you will check every day. You could also look at the website Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting which has charts you can fill out each day and it will help you pinpoint ovulation... Although the book mentioned above is much more indepth. Just remember to trust your instincts and what your body is telling you, rather than what a computer programme (Fertility Friend) is telling you!

Ovulation will happen on one day in your cycle, however sperm can live inside a women's cervical fluid inside of her for a few days (so if you DTD, say 4 days prior to ovulation, you could still fall pregnant, as I have this month, lol!).

Good luck!

December 27th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Zoey1981's Avatar ~Praying4Girl&LoveMyBoys~
Tbh I have three boys and dh and I were dtd all the time, lol. About every other day through out my cycles. Now we are ttc #4 and I so desperatly want a girl! Good Luck!
January 4th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Super Mommy
I'm pregnant with a boy (YAY!) and I used cervical mucus to predict ovulation, knowing that I had a pretty consistent "egg-white mucus"-like discharge when I ovulate (we all have it, just some have more than others so it's easier to spot). You can also check your temp. What I've read indicates that you can increase your chances for a boy if you have sex day of and day after ovulation (and abstain for a few days before). This can change your boy/girl odds from 50/50 to 60/40 because research has shown that girl sperm swim slower, but live longer, while boy sperm swim faster, but die sooner. Thus, if you have sex a few days before, ALL the sperm will have had time to reach the area where the egg will be released, but many of the boy sperm will be dying off. If you have sex the day of, the boy sperm will get there first, and still be viable.

We're team BLUE!!!!!!

January 5th, 2012, 06:37 AM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were DTD everyday and ended up with a boy

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
January 10th, 2012, 10:21 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a very regular setyourwatchbyit cycle, so I don't chart but I use mymontlycycles.com and go by when they say I'm ovulating. I conceived my last two boys, one the day of ovulation and the other the day before (or what my monthly cycles said my o day was, anyway. )

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
January 13th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
lurking -
You only ovulate on 1 day, however you are fertile for up to 5 days (I believe) before you ovulate, because the sperm will survive in you for up to that time. Besides checking your cervical mucus and charting your temps and checking the cervix position, if you don't want to do that, you can always purchase OPKs. It's a little strip, just like a pregnancy test, where you pee on it for a few days and as you are getting closer to ovulating the test line will get darker. When it is as dark or darker than the control line, then you will ovulate within 24-48 hours. Read the instructions on the box for exact timing.
Also, for myself I know exactly when I'm ovulating because I have incredible pain on that day. You just have to basically watch for your body to tell you what is going on and 'Taking charge of your Fertility' explains everything. Good luck and I hope you get your boy!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

January 15th, 2012, 08:35 PM
thank you all mommies for your valuable information...
January 16th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We were dtd everyday when we got preggo with our second boy... Can't miss ovulation that way

January 16th, 2012, 06:05 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
Lurking, but I'm expecting a boy (well, tech was 80% sure) and my SO and I dtd ONCE. I noticed my sex drive was through the roof. We were ntnp so we never did temps or anything. It just happened to be on the right day. So you can use sex drive as a factor if yours spikes like mine seems to.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search