Confused!

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Regular
Hello we r ttc a boy! My husband and I have 5 daughters!! We would like a son. I have been doing the diet for a boy but not that strict for about 5 months I do cheat sometimes. Lemon water all the time. Taking folic acid and fish oil so is my husband and he also takes zinc. I'm just so confused about when I'm ovulating. I've been using opks. Saturday started to get white jelly very stretchy mucous with a darker opk but not darker then the control line.kinda half and half maybe idk. Sunday, Monday the same cm and opk. Tuesday I got thick jelly opaque kinda clear cm with same opk. Then yesterday I got clear jelly very stretchy cm and a positive opk. So when did I ovulate. It was last night right? The thing is we bd'd on Sunday morning kinda accident. Then we bd'd last night. Kinda afraid if I do get pregnant it will b a girl! What are my chances to have a boy? Why did I get the thick white cm for a couple of days then it thinned out a lot and got clear? Need inputs thank you!I have an opk pic but I'll post when I get home
January 6th, 2012, 07:15 AM
I wouldnt worry too much about timing to be honest with you
I have boys and Timing was different with each one of them The one thing I know got me my sons was my diet and lifestyle. It does sound like you ovulated yesterday
I think you still have a good shot at swaying for blue especially with your dh taking Zinc I have read up that it sways boys goodluck to you and sending blue dust
now please tell me what your diet and lifestyle is like to have 5 girls
January 6th, 2012, 11:01 AM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the opk kits say that you will ovulate within 24 hours of getting the first positive opk test.

I also don't invest much into timing, otherwise my boys would have been girls, according to the "experts." Good luck!!

January 6th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Regular
Thanks! One of the main things I was focused on to was the timing! Lol my diet when I conceived my girls was drinking pop, skipped breakfast, basically ate junk food! A lot of steak. Didnt really drink any milk Pasta, breadWith my third and fifth baby I conceived on cloud and with my fourth just met. We basically bd'd all the time. Wish I would've looked into swaying before I ttc them. Oh well. Hope that helps!
January 6th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybebaby6 View Post
Thanks! One of the main things I was focused on to was the timing! Lol my diet when I conceived my girls was drinking pop, skipped breakfast, basically ate junk food! A lot of steak. Didnt really drink any milk Pasta, breadWith my third and fifth baby I conceived on cloud and with my fourth just met. We basically bd'd all the time. Wish I would've looked into swaying before I ttc them. Oh well. Hope that helps!

Thanks Sounds like you conceived your girls as your body felt "times were hard" which could be effective when ttc girls as to concieve and carry a boy your body needs to know its efficent enough to have a healthy pregnancy with a son ( apparently!) This is because ultimately boy fetus's are weaker then females so kind of makes sence.

You will want to up your calories for your chances of swaying blue

Goodluck

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search