Tips on conceiving a boy?

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AimeeD041727
  • 1 Post By AimeeD041727

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2012, 05:29 PM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
Hi Everyone!
I'm Aimee and I am trying to conceive a little boy! I have three beautiful little girls and would love to add a little boy to our family.

I am CD 6. We are on our second month of trying.

I would love to hear any advice or tips on conceiving a baby boy.

Thanks!

February 14th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
BD on ovulation day worked for us.

Good luck!

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 14th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the info!

February 15th, 2012, 02:28 PM
mommyTTC3's Avatar Proud mom of 3 !! <3
I used OPKs and Basel temp to pin point ovulation . I drank tons of lemon water to get my CM to a good PH for boy sperm . I took fish oil tablets for extra CM . And timed sex during ovulation . Worked for us . After 2 girls we are adding a little boy to our family in JULY

Good Luck !!! FX for you ...

February 15th, 2012, 04:27 PM
That is super exciting!!! I just starting using OPK's. Hopefully I should be ovulating in the next couple of days. How long should I do the lemon water and fish oil before hand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyTTC3 View Post
I used OPKs and Basel temp to pin point ovulation . I drank tons of lemon water to get my CM to a good PH for boy sperm . I took fish oil tablets for extra CM . And timed sex during ovulation . Worked for us . After 2 girls we are adding a little boy to our family in JULY

Good Luck !!! FX for you ...
mommyTTC3 likes this.

February 16th, 2012, 06:38 AM
mommyTTC3's Avatar Proud mom of 3 !! <3
I would start drinking lemon water now and start the fish oil .. Good Luck . Hope you get your little prince

February 16th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Thanks so much! I went out last night and bought the lemons and fish oil. I started taking it then!
mommyTTC3 likes this.

February 22nd, 2012, 10:49 AM
Regular
I have 3 boys!
I used opk/s when trying to conceive them. I had sex the highest fertility days & got 3 boys each time!! Good luck!
February 24th, 2012, 06:38 AM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 2 boys (am going to sway for girl next year), and I don't put much stock into timing of BD. When I look back at my diet, I was eating a lot of salty foods, cheese, lunch meats, bananas and eating lots of fruits and vegetables. I also exercised every day and lifted weights 2-3 times per week. We also BD on days 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20 both times our boys were conceived. I will send you boy dust if you send me girl dust! Good luck!

November 1st, 2012, 02:52 PM
I am eating cereal, bananas, salty chips and soups, steaks and potatoes. Hubbie is drinking coffee right before BD. Baking soda finger is the easiest way to change CM ph from 4 to 8 in an instant and lasts four hours! There is so much debate on the timing (and of course, they are exactly opposite of each other) we are just BDing throughout the fertile window. I think PH is more important and I am making sure mine is very alkaline!! Don't knock the BSF until you try it! haha
November 4th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Regular
Hello. I have 5 daughters and a 2 month old son!! I swayed for a boy and it worked. I swayed for 5 months before trying. Only drank water with lots of lemon.changed my diet totally. Ate soup once a day. I only ate alkaline foods. No milk. Ate a piece of dark chocolate once a day. Took lots of fish oil and folic acid. No prenatal vitamins. Took cool shower befor bd. used opks. Dtd 12 hrs before ovulation. Raised hips for one hr. no jump and dump this time! Lol. Hubby took supplements too. Hope it works for u!!
Mommy to 5 girls!! Pregnant with #6! Our baby BOY is due 9-26-2012!!

December 19th, 2012, 10:34 AM
ArmyWife28's Avatar Praying for a Miracle
I agree with the other ladies you need to BD the day before ovulation, the day you ovulate and after. Boy sperm don't live as long as girl sperm, boy sperm die off faster.
February 28th, 2013, 05:20 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't DTD every day and don't DTD too infrequently. Every other day or every third day would be best.
Orgasm. Even if it's after sex and you have to finish up on your own!
Eat a healthy diet of vegetables and meat and potatoes and "man food". Same for your husband.
Have husband avoid alcohol (raises estrogen which would sway girl)
both avoid smoking (sways girl quite a bit actually)
YOU work out, particularly lifting weights.
eat a bowl of cereal every day
have husband wear boxers, not briefs
try to conceive closer to a full moon than a new moon, if you can!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search