How much trust in the Chinese calendar?

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tarnz with baby num 3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 29th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you have any trust in it. It's freakishly accurate when it's done correctly. I've predicted pretty much all my friends & celebrities over the last year. It's been wrong twice and I've done it over 100 times (I keep track)

I want to TTC but I don't have a boy month until june. I don't know if I can wait till june. I have baby fever NOW.

Is it even worth it to follow a boy diet and do the boy stuff if i'm going to end up with a girl anyways because of the darn calendar?
March 4th, 2012, 03:29 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't put a ton of stock into the calendar. I've conceived 2 girls, and one of them was "supposed" to be a boy. I think of it like this...do you think it's likely that every woman who was say, 27 and got pregnant in June (or whatever, you know what I mean) all had the same sex babies? There's a huge margin of error. Swaying by diet to change your PH does make some scientific sense. So if you have baby fever, I say go for it!

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
March 9th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Veteran
No, no trust at all. I've seen many times where it was wrong
March 20th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
For those who it was wrong did they follow the formula perfectly?
I don't understand how when you follow it to the T it's almost never wrong. It doesnt make sense!
March 20th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Veteran
What is the true formula?! I would love to know this because my there have been no girls on my Hubby's side of the family for almost 6 generations... that is a TON OF BOYS!
Medicated Cycle #1: March 2012
Medicated Cycle #2: April 2012
CD 5-9: 100 mg Clomid
CD 24: + HPT
CD 28: Beta Test
March 31st, 2012, 02:09 PM
For my second and third pregnancy it was right! I never tried it with my first pregnancy. I don't really believe in those calanders though.
April 29th, 2012, 11:28 PM
I calculated everything from Chinese lunar year birth date to conception month according to that my second daughter should have been a boy and my nephew should have been my niece lol
May 28th, 2012, 10:38 AM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It was right for both of mine, but it I won't put stock in it.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
June 10th, 2012, 04:21 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's been right for mine, I'm not sure if I used the right formula though, I just looked it up on one of those charts.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
June 29th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Whats a good sight for an accurate chinese chart? I will try it and let yas know I have my scan on the 12th of July. Also it has to include an NZ time zone lol
2Nlove likes this.
July 14th, 2012, 12:05 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have 4 children and it was wrong for all of them...

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

July 14th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .H.e.a.t.h.e.r. View Post
Do you have any trust in it. It's freakishly accurate when it's done correctly. I've predicted pretty much all my friends & celebrities over the last year. It's been wrong twice and I've done it over 100 times (I keep track)

I want to TTC but I don't have a boy month until june. I don't know if I can wait till june. I have baby fever NOW.

Is it even worth it to follow a boy diet and do the boy stuff if i'm going to end up with a girl anyways because of the darn calendar?
Which calendar? If you google Chinese Gender Calendar, there are a million of them, all different. So please add a link to the specific one you use/are talking about.

August 4th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Veteran
All the chinese calendar's I looked at was right for my daughter, but everytime I check a different calendar to see what we might have it's like 50/50 half of them say boy and the other half say girl.

September 7th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Veteran
I am expecting a girl, and the calendar says its a boy for me....
September 8th, 2012, 09:20 AM
sharlers's Avatar Veteran
im expecting a boy and it said girl on all of them so no trust at all xx
September 8th, 2012, 04:11 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I put not an iota of trust in them. If they worked, the Chinese, who are historically the most inclined nation to have a gender preference (heck, the abort and abandon girl babies), would use them to create a nation of all boys. Hence, I can't see how they could work. Not to mention, there are 1000 different versions all over the place, some calculating lunar age, some claiming you DON'T use lunar age because they were not created to be lunar, etc, etc, etc. And they all give different results. Survey after survey I have seen has shown that any particular one is about 50-50. Which is about as good as any guesswork anyone can do. I would not factor it into my attempts to get a specific gender at all.
September 8th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Regular
I would not trust it. Was wrong for me five out of six times!!!
Mommy to 5 girls!! Pregnant with #6! Our baby BOY is due 9-26-2012!!

September 22nd, 2012, 11:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It was wrong for all of mine, so I will trust it and go against it! TTC a girl, so I'm going to wait for a boy mo! lol
September 22nd, 2012, 12:13 PM
Was wrong for both of mine...So I'm wondering if it's going to be wrong this third time!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search