Shettles was (apparently) wrong! Timing goes the other way. Please share!

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Ingender. Com is very educational and yes you'll probably read it for a while cuz its so interesting. It dose tell how to add things in your diet to sway for the gender you want to concieve. Im trying for a girl and im 35.
May 20th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I dtd w/ my son supposedly either day before or the day of O. Also, I had a huge habit of drinking lots of soda filled with caffeine, eating lots of fast food.

My brother and his wife eat a well balanced meal if they go out to restaurants or for visiting as the first girl great value lemoade and the 2nd girl they were into green tea.

May 21st, 2012, 04:20 PM
The good news is that the studies in the Impatient Woman book say that closer to ovulation actually works better for a girl! So you might be set.

That ingender site is great -- there's a good description there of one of the studies finding more girls close to O:

O+12 Method ~ New Zealand Study
May 24th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
My first son we had sex the day before and the day of ovulation. My second son, I had a trigger shot with fertility meds so I know FOR SURE when I O'd and we had sex the DAY of and the day before O and he's a boy. I was hoping for a girl. No dice lol.

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

May 24th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Keshlia0866's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Maddox View Post
My first son we had sex the day before and the day of ovulation. My second son, I had a trigger shot with fertility meds so I know FOR SURE when I O'd and we had sex the DAY of and the day before O and he's a boy. I was hoping for a girl. No dice lol.

Sounds like me... All three of my boys were conceived the day of O or day before O. So I think I may need to do the opposite!
May 25th, 2012, 09:39 AM
I really want a girl so I am doing both diet and O+12. Mostly supplements in vitamin form I want to lower my ph also that will double my chances. My. Hubby is doing diet to also to lower ph. I also heard shallow penetration an pull out almost all the way at ejaculation. Anymore tips?
May 25th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I know -- I love that website too! It has a great page on the New Zealand study, which the Impatient Woman's Guide author spends a lot of time on. Here is the page.
May 25th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
2 of my boys i have no idea when they were conceived, but the other 2 were definitly on O day.

[/url]
July 26th, 2012, 05:13 PM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've only had boys, but both were conceived by DTD on ovulation day, so Shettles is true for me so far.

And I very much know when I ovulate.

July 27th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Super Mommy
If you search the science of Shettles you'll find it's been disproven and what he thought he saw, he actually didn't.

He thought he saw differences in male and female sperm but those differences cannot be seen through a microscope, especially with the technology he used in his day. The changes he saw are the necessary changes that all sperm go through to even be able to penetrate the egg.

I'm not saying his theory has no bearing but really, it's no more than 50/50. Actually 49/51 in favor of boys. It's been shown it's in the natural balance of nature to produce more boys than girls.

I'm not sure I buy any of the diet/timing/swaying because there are many women who swear their sways were perfect but end up with the opposite. I really think it's all chance. But, that's just me. I'm far too lazy to sway. I have 5 sons and just found out our total OOPSIE baby is a girl. Shocked me to no end! I was prepping for baby boy #6.
August 10th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I got PG with my first girl by DTD 5 days before O and my second girl we DTD all month long. I have low potassium levels and don't eat breakfast. I want a boy if we decide to have another so I'm starting potassium supplements and cereal in the morning.
August 13th, 2012, 10:15 AM
i gotpg with my dd and i O'd five days after dtd.
August 14th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yup youre theory doesnt work for me.
Both DD's were conceived by having sex everyday for weeks and not doing it close to ovulation. (cut off of 1-4 days before I actually ovulated)

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 15th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Dreamsinpink2010's Avatar expecting princess #2!!!
Send a message via AIM to Dreamsinpink2010 Send a message via MSN to Dreamsinpink2010
I got 4 boys and they were all concieved day before ovulation. Had a low salt, low fat diet.
I got 2 girls who were concieved the day before ovulation. My diet was no different

4 wonderful and handsome princes's, 1 princess and 1 more princess on her way! Due September 9th 2010!!!
Lacey Faith Margaret Leilani- September 13th 2010 9:19am 6 pounds. 3 oz
TTC our 3rd pink bundle

August 23rd, 2012, 02:59 PM
I have 2 boys that were in girl territory. 3 days before O both times

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search