13 week ultrasound!! Boy or girl??? :)

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Girl or boy???
Girl 8 66.67%
Boy 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shell1981

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2012, 01:15 PM
MamaMiaxo's Avatar TTC PiNK
I just went to my ultrasound yesterday for the first trimester screening and they said everything looks perfect sooo happy! I asked them if they could tell the gender of the baby yet, and they said they have an idea but want to wait til my 19th week ultrasound to be 100% accurate...any guesses on a boy or girl??? thaaanksss!!

May 9th, 2012, 01:45 PM
MamaMiaxo's Avatar TTC PiNK
Here's some more pics....The one on the top is also from the recent 13 week ultrasound...but the 2 on the bottom are from the 11 week ultrasound ..it looks like it changed lol

June 1st, 2012, 10:27 AM
~Meg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you go off the nub theory which was correct for both of my boys....it's looks like a girl. But it's just a guess. Good luck.

June 2nd, 2012, 06:18 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll guess girl! But I'm no ultrasound expert lol

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
June 5th, 2012, 04:44 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup, I'd say girl too

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

June 7th, 2012, 02:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh everyone thinks girl!! lol i was convinced it was a boy!!

[/url]
June 29th, 2012, 09:53 PM
I put up a 13week photo too that showed a nub... but don't know what girls/boys nubs are meant to look like. It's under November 2012 growing cubs.
June 30th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Did you have an early scan at around 6 weeks? I could tell from which side it implanted, boy right left girl... its pretty accurate!

[/url]
June 30th, 2012, 12:06 PM
I didn't know that. Leanr something new everyday
June 30th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
Quote:
Originally Posted by shell1981 View Post
Did you have an early scan at around 6 weeks? I could tell from which side it implanted, boy right left girl... its pretty accurate!
Sorry to just barge in... But could you still guess that from an almost 7 week scan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarnz with baby num 3 View Post
I put up a 13week photo too that showed a nub... but don't know what girls/boys nubs are meant to look like. It's under November 2012 growing cubs.
Here's a good article about the gender Developement

Embryo Development external genital sex organs - angle of the dangle boy or girl ultrasound gender scan - Baby2see

June 30th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Thanks for that. I am going to examine my 13 week scan photo again now

And yay for the boy!
July 1st, 2012, 03:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Dhartanya hmm its kinda spread to more central, and it says on the scan 9 wks. Erm i can usually tell you know when theres just a tiny hole either on the left or the right side. I think with your scan being more slightly to the left that your baby probably implanted more to the left? Therefore i'm going to say girl. Let me know if im right!! I think theres been studies done on which side the placenta implants on and its 97% accurate or something. Ive looked at lots of friends 6 week scans and i've been pretty much right each time, that doesn't mean though that i might just have been lucky!! lol

[/url]
July 1st, 2012, 12:47 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
Quote:
Originally Posted by shell1981 View Post
Hey Dhartanya hmm its kinda spread to more central, and it says on the scan 9 wks. Erm i can usually tell you know when theres just a tiny hole either on the left or the right side. I think with your scan being more slightly to the left that your baby probably implanted more to the left? Therefore i'm going to say girl. Let me know if im right!! I think theres been studies done on which side the placenta implants on and its 97% accurate or something. Ive looked at lots of friends 6 week scans and i've been pretty much right each time, that doesn't mean though that i might just have been lucky!! lol
I'll let you know!
It says 9 weeks cause they were still going by my LMP date. Which was no way accurate for dating the pregnancy lol but didnt want to listen to me.
I was actually 6w 6d in that u/s.
All the 'old wives tales' point to girl too.

July 11th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Veteran
Oh man! I have 3 boys and we are expecting #4... Gender not yet known..... Coulda sworn I saw a peebug and scrotum yesterday but after looking at lots of 13 week ultrasounds.... Omg I give up!

Girls look like boys and boys like girls and I am so confused!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search