hubbie doesn't want to gender sway

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Urchin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 11:54 AM
chachartier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband hates all this gender stuff and thinks I am being crazy. At first he was playing along, laughing and being a good sport until I said I can't have an orgasm cuz it changes my ph... his absolute favorite part about our sex life is watching me get off... anyway, I have talked to him about changing our diet for a girl and he was not interested. We eat tomatoes like every single night (big pasta family) and he HAS to have beef in the sauce at least every other time (I don't like beef in it, so we alternate). Anyway, I have successfully avoided using sauce lately and he has been fine with that. But yesterday I found out I should be doing the diet weeks in advance and not just around ovulation... my bad so I decided to try the lime douche and/or tampon method...

I tried to prepare the lime mix while he was working out in the living room so he wouldn't see it and be like what the heck are you doing. It didn't work. He came in there and grabbed the mix and threatened to pour it down the sink... he was saying "this is not healthy, why are you obsessing over it so much, you want a girl so bad that you will put citric acid up there?? that cannot be safe, why can't you just take what you get and be happy?" I tried to explain to him that with his genetics, I am most likely to have all boys (he is one of 4 boys and 1 girl, and all his siblings have had boys so far), and that the relationship you have with boys and girls is equally great but different. I got all mad that he won't even let me try to sway for a girl, and sad that he isn't very supportive of trying something that others feel they have success with. He seemed to feel bad later because he said "even if I don't agree with it, you don't have to be mad at me" and kissed me. Then later we had hot-shower sex with no female o and I did put in a lime tampon for just an hour and a half. I got a positive OPK last night and this morning, so we will probably BD again a few more times... hopefully I can get through the next few days doing girl stuff and then go back to our normal sex activities but if we don't get preggo this cycle, I worry about being able to try to sway again in the future... he is a very amazing husband, I love him to death, but he thinks all this gender swaying is total BS and thinks I am being obsessive over something I don't have any control over and sees that as being unhealthy. We don't fight about many things at all...

Does anyone else have hubbies who don't want to partake in the gender swaying activities??
January 13th, 2013, 02:15 AM
Veteran
Hi there, I would think he would not be so crazy if he didnt think you were so obsessed. You need to start being less vocal about why youre doing things.
Do them covertly.
I know it helps to talk these things out with dh but youre going to luck out

No, that said... I have 2 X girls... I am now pg with a boy and let me tell you it was planned.

You are in luck though..since you want a girl... IMO dump everything youve been doing. Just have sex A LOT... (he will be thrilled) My diet was like burgers, A LOT OF coca cola... (not that it is healthy per-se) but my diet was honestly and naturally acidic as hell...

You need to trash charting and any other stuff, relax, have sex a lot and i would be pretty surprised if you ended up with a boy lol

I feel pregnant first cycle with all my 3, and planned each gender (and star sign) lol

enjoy!!! good luck
January 13th, 2013, 06:43 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with pp, have sex a lot. With both of my boys we only DTD the day of ovulation, like hours after I felt my ovulation pains.

This time we were just having fun and BDing a lot. Low & behold this baby is a girl. My diet/exercise routine never changed.

Actually, I would try to avoid ovulation time. That's what we were doing bc we really weren't "planning" on having a 3rd. But, she snuck through and I couldn't be happier.

Good Luck!

January 14th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Super Mommy
My husband and I right now are NTNP so we aren't really thinking of gender swaying at all. But my mother is a midwife and from what I've heard:

Male sperm swim faster but 'die' sooner and then female sperm swim slower but live longer.

Meaning, if you have sex very close to ovulation, chances are higher that you'll have a boy because they boy sperm use all their enegry to get their first, and if ovulation is very close to that time, then the boys have a higher chance.

And if you have sex around ovulation a day or two before, then you have higher chance of getting a girl, because they swim slower to the egg but live longer because they didn't use all their engery to get there. So that if it's a little ways away from ovulation the boys would have all died before the egg has dropped!

Just a thought!
January 15th, 2013, 06:30 PM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustka48 View Post
My husband and I right now are NTNP so we aren't really thinking of gender swaying at all. But my mother is a midwife and from what I've heard:

Male sperm swim faster but 'die' sooner and then female sperm swim slower but live longer.

Meaning, if you have sex very close to ovulation, chances are higher that you'll have a boy because they boy sperm use all their enegry to get their first, and if ovulation is very close to that time, then the boys have a higher chance.

And if you have sex around ovulation a day or two before, then you have higher chance of getting a girl, because they swim slower to the egg but live longer because they didn't use all their engery to get there. So that if it's a little ways away from ovulation the boys would have all died before the egg has dropped!

Just a thought!
I know some people don't believe in this, but it rang very true for me. And, I always knew exactly when I ovulated bc I would get ovulation pain, plus positive OPK's.

January 16th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNNER25 View Post
I know some people don't believe in this, but it rang very true for me. And, I always knew exactly when I ovulated bc I would get ovulation pain, plus positive OPK's.
Yeah, this banks completely on having knowing your cycle and having a regular cycle.
January 17th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup my husband thought I was crazy to sway for a boy twice. Both times we got little girls, lol.
Now we'll have 3 girls total and honestly I have given up on swaying. I think its BS too.

Goodluck and I hope you get your daughter

January 17th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just to clarify, my first DD we did have lots of sex, second DD lots of sex, and then the third, well we had sex one time in a 10 day span, the day I was ovulating and guess what...its another girl, lol.

January 21st, 2013, 02:00 AM
Well for me i think and play that it be a girl i have tied and tried but to no success at all.
January 28th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Chachartier, maybe My natural fertility web page will help you there is description of cosmobiology method and also calculator for gender prediction

January 29th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I think that with all the stress you're creating in trying for a girl, you're going to cause yourself and your hubs more grief than it is worth.

And don't make bets on his genetics being a factor in whether or not you'll have a girl. For 3 generations (78 years), there wasn't a single girl born in DH's family and extended family.

We had sex ONCE, 5 days before I ovulated and BAM, I got my DD We weren't trying to sway..heck, we weren't actively TTC.

I would really get away from putting things in your vagina that don't belong there. I recently read a really interesting study about how our vaginal flora is incredibly important in the immune system of your child, as well as premature labour prevention.

Good luck. I hope you get your girl.
GollyMolly likes this.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

Last edited by Urchin; January 30th, 2013 at 05:38 AM.
February 28th, 2013, 06:06 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband thought I was crazy, but he went along with it.

I didn't really do the diet because I couldn't with the heart problems I was having at the time.

I have low PH naturally, so we were good there. We DTD every day from right after AF to O, and for us I think the frequent release method worked great. I did avoid O, though, which my husband doesn't like either, but he knew it was just for those times. Then we had regular sex the rest of the time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search