New

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Hello everybody. I am new here and have a few questions. First I will give a little background on myself. I have 3 daughters ages 9, 6 and 2 months. My first two were planned and concieved quickly. My youngest, was a suprise and we were not trying and were actually using methods to avoid pregnancy. If we had been trying we would have definitely tried methods to attempt to concieve a boy. With my first two I just assumed I would have one of each.
My husband is the youngest of 5 boys, and all of his brothers have sons, I have 1 brother and no sisters and we just never thought after 3 children we still would not have at least one son.

Our girls are absolutely amazing and so sweet. I wouldnt change a thing. I really never wanted more than 3 kids (my husband acts like he has no limit on children so I am basically alone in deciding how many we have) but I REALLY want a son so I am considering trying for a fourth. I have not decided for sure yet and will not go forward until I am 100 percent sure I want to have a fourth child. If I do decide to have another, it will DEF be my last as 4 children is the most I would like to have at the maximum. Since we have a 2 month old I would not begin to ttc until at least 7 months from now. If I have not concieved a child by the time my youngest is 2 year's old I would no longer want to concieve and would have my tubes tied. I decided this because my oldest child will be 11 then and I don't want anymore of an age gap than that between her and my last child. I also will turn 30 3 days after my youngest turns 2 so it just seems like a good cut off point for me.

With all that being said, that leaves me with roughly a 15 month window to concieve. And since it would be my last I REALLY want to do anything I can to concieve a boy this time. I have noticed a lot of different things being said on here and am confused. For example I have seen some comments saying dh should ice his goods before dtd and other comments saying he should take a warm shower for ttc boys. I am just really confused and would like all then advice on concieveing a boy that I can get.

Also I have had 4 mc's, all very early on. 2 before dd #1 and 2 before dd#2. Is it possible they were all boys and I just can't ncarry boys?

Thanks so much, sorry so long. This is just a big deal to me.
May 30th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have lots of advice but I'm just about to go out!Lol. I will message u bk this evening. Hi and welcome to the board!!

[/url]
May 30th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Diet
Potatoes,red meat, bananas, add salt to your food,
Always eat breakfast
No aspartame sweetened drinks
Limit dairy foods
drink green tea, grapefruit juice

Dtd on ovulation day or day before, use a deep penetration position. Dh to drink strong coffee half an hour before. Cool showers/baths. Best to conceive a boy Autumn and winter months. Dh to wear loose type boxer shorts.

Take evening primrose oil and cough mixture with guaifenesin in.

I have had 4 boys. I'm not sure about the first, but the other 3 were conceived on ovulation day, woman on top position. I eat red meat 2x a week. Lots of potatoes. My due wears loose boxers. I always have lots of ewcm around ovulation which is what male sperm like.

[/url]

Last edited by shell1981; May 30th, 2013 at 10:30 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search