Here we go again!

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 11:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi some of you know me some of you newer ones won't. I'm pregnant again!!! I must be crazy. I haven't done any swaying this time. It's an oopsie baby! We dtd 3/4 days before ovulation. That must have been the time because we were using condoms for the rest of my cycle! My diet was awful. Been snacking loads on rice cakes. The morning before I conceived I had a full English breakfast, soup for lunch and beef omelette for tea. I had had 2 glasses of wine 2 days on the run too because dh was off work. I knew there was a chance I could get pregnant. But I've always conceived on ovulation day.
I'm excited but also quite shocked and a little nervous. 4 kids sounds like a handful!

[/url]
May 23rd, 2013, 01:00 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Hi! Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! How exciting I'm a lurker on this board because I have 2 daughters and I'd love a little boy. I find it interesting that you have 3 little boys and say that you have always gotten pregnant on ovulation day. Now you have gotten pregnant a few days before ovulation - it will be interesting to see if you have a girl this time

Any 'tips' on getting pregnant with a little boy?
May 23rd, 2013, 03:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes. With Jay and Ben I used like a home made body scrub of sea salt granules and olive oil. And I used to use it I the bath every other day. I eat alot of meat and potato type meals. Stews, cottage pie etc. I drink lots of tea and coffee. Also as well as conceiving I think with all on ovulation day, it was always woman on top position.
Oh I eat a lot of bananas too. Quite often I don't have time for breakfast so I grab a banana. I hardly eat any dairy because if I eat too much it gives me thrush. I really do have a very boy diet.

[/url]
May 23rd, 2013, 03:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you have a very girlie diet with dairy and chicken etc

[/url]
May 23rd, 2013, 05:24 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Yes, I do in general eat a 'girl diet'. I'm trying to eat some more of the boy diet now as well as I am taking lots of supplements from the boy list. For our girls, we also dtd a few days before ovulation and used the missionary position. Neither time were we trying for a girl, specifically. It just happened like that.
May 24th, 2013, 01:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I wonder if this time will be different for me since dtd before ovulation and also in a spoons position. My boys were all conceived at night too. This one was in the morning I've always wanted a daughter but we only have a 3 bedroom house so another boy would be more practical

I really hope your sway works. That cough mixture works can't remember exactly what it's called. Any with decongestant in. My husband drinks lots of coffee too. Keep us updated x

[/url]
May 26th, 2013, 04:01 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Congrats on your pregnancy I just lurk around here for kicks. I find swaying fascinating...although I don't know if I truly think it works

I did happen to conceive a girl after two boys with some factors I hear are "girl friendly." Although I think we had a fair dose of luck tossed in there! Lol.

Sounds like it will be fun either way for you! Keep us posted if your ovulation timing theory holds true. (I have one 3/4-days before boy, one day-before boy, and one day-before girl...so not so true for me).
May 27th, 2013, 04:04 AM
sharlers's Avatar Veteran
ooooh wow congrats hun i do hope you get your girl hun im excited for you im just sticking with the 4 lads now xx
shell1981 likes this.
May 27th, 2013, 03:35 PM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! I'm a lurker here too, but sometimes I comment since I have 2 boys & a girl.

Your story sounds similar to mine. With both of my boys I conceived on ovulation day. I know this because I can always feel ovulation pains & I was using OPK's.

My 3rd baby was a surprise. We weren't trying, but not being careful either. I was waiting on my 1st pp AF, and we DTD about 3 days before I ovulated. I didn't expect to get pg, because of that.

Well, I did get pg and had a baby girl!! Although not planned, I am thankful every day. If not for our "oopsie", I would have never got my girl

May 28th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww your daughter is beautiful. It would be more practical if I had a boy. But I can't help hoping it's a girl. But it seems almost an impossibility to me to have a girl after 4 boys. I think if I was told I was having a girl, I would fall off the u/s table!!
ladyluck87 likes this.

[/url]
June 1st, 2013, 03:22 PM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, you never know!! (and thank you, she's definitely a keeper!!)

I'll be checking back here to see an update. Do you think you'll find out early or wait until birth?

June 1st, 2013, 03:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm hoping to find out at the 20 week scan. I might even pay for a 16 week one.

[/url]
June 3rd, 2013, 06:14 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNNER25 View Post
Hi! I'm a lurker here too, but sometimes I comment since I have 2 boys & a girl.

Your story sounds similar to mine. With both of my boys I conceived on ovulation day. I know this because I can always feel ovulation pains & I was using OPK's.

My 3rd baby was a surprise. We weren't trying, but not being careful either. I was waiting on my 1st pp AF, and we DTD about 3 days before I ovulated. I didn't expect to get pg, because of that.

Well, I did get pg and had a baby girl!! Although not planned, I am thankful every day. If not for our "oopsie", I would have never got my girl
Ya know...I think there might be something to the first PPAF. I know four women, plus myself, who got preggo on the first cycle and we all had girls. I know it has to do with fertility being lower and thus more inclined toward a girl.

And I think the U/S tech has seen someone fall off the table before. Lol. Mine was telling me about her friend who had a girl after five boys and didnt believe her when she said girl. I made them check at least twice at each sonogram, which were plentiful because of a clotting issue I have. And when she was born I still asked
RUNNER25 and BrittneyLA like this.
June 3rd, 2013, 11:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ah your kids are so cute!!! Maybe I will get a girl. Most of my friends who have had girls were really sick. I've got hardly any sickness. Just tired much like my boy pregnancies. Only difference this time is my skin is super spotty

[/url]
June 5th, 2013, 07:44 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I wasn't really sick with my girl. In fact, less than I was with my first son. I had a few differences between boy and girl pregnancies. But more strange things than cravings or sickness. I got heartburn, facial breakouts, and a strong sense of smell. With the boys I had insomnia, back acne, and a few food aversions. But it could have been dumb luck that my boy pregnancies were similar and hers was different.

It's a great place to be where you can see great aspects of either gender. Five boys is amazing and pretty darn special, being so rare. But I am sure you are ready for a different wardrobe as well!

And thanks, we think we made some cuties...but are pretty biased
June 7th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My sense of smell is off the scale this time. My kitchen smells disgusting. But dh says he can only smell cleaning products. My shower gel smells awful, I didn't realise that there where so many smelly people on buses. Every corner of the street smells of stale dog pee.

[/url]
June 19th, 2013, 08:21 PM
BrittneyLA's Avatar Mom of three boys!
How random is it for me to not get on JM for months and then pop in and see THIS!! OMG Shell thats great!! I'm still on teh fence for trying one more time, will be crossing my fingers you get your girl!!!!
ashj_1218 likes this.
June 21st, 2013, 07:08 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
(Go for it Brittney!) Lol!

Based on thus far, I am voting yours is a girl shell
June 22nd, 2013, 02:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree go for it Brittney!
I went for an early scan yesterday, because I was having pains on my right side. ( It's just a small cyst) anyway I m sure the baby was on the left side of my womb, all my boys were definitely on the right. I'm not 100 percent sure because it was a quick scan but I'm about 70 per cent sure.

[/url]
July 7th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Congrats! Keep us updated!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search