TTC/Swaying for a boy?

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By shell1981
  • 1 Post By shell1981
  • 1 Post By THE angry uterus

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2013, 11:04 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
This will be my first month ttc and I'm hoping for a little boy. I'm slightly confused as to when to dtd to sway for a boy! I will be using OPKs. When exactly should we dtd? I know everything I've read says 'close to ovulation' so does that mean once I get a positive on the OPK? Just a little confused since an OPK positive means that you should ovulate within the next 22-48 hours. Or should we dtd a day after getting a positive OPK? Ugh...this is so frustrating, lol. I already have two little girls so a little boy would just be wonderful!
June 11th, 2013, 01:14 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Anyone??? I'm already on cycle day 10 so any advice would be appreciated!!!
June 14th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I never used opks but my boys were all conceived on ovulation day. Maybe if you get your positive in the morning dtd that night. Also get your dh to drink coffee half an hour before. Eat food high in potassium and sodium. Maybe red meat and potatoes and cauliflower. Jacket potatoes for lunch with a filling like egg and bacon or a ham sandwich or pizza with pepperoni, chips with lots of salt. Drink green tea. Maybe before dtd get dh to have a cool shower and you have a cool bath. Add sea salt to your baths if you can. Maybe take some cough mixture with guinfensein in that morning to help ewcm. dtd in a woman on top position. Make sure the room is cool.
islandbaby likes this.

[/url]
June 15th, 2013, 04:32 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by shell1981 View Post
I never used opks but my boys were all conceived on ovulation day. Maybe if you get your positive in the morning dtd that night. Also get your dh to drink coffee half an hour before. Eat food high in potassium and sodium. Maybe red meat and potatoes and cauliflower. Jacket potatoes for lunch with a filling like egg and bacon or a ham sandwich or pizza with pepperoni, chips with lots of salt. Drink green tea. Maybe before dtd get dh to have a cool shower and you have a cool bath. Add sea salt to your baths if you can. Maybe take some cough mixture with guinfensein in that morning to help ewcm. dtd in a woman on top position. Make sure the room is cool.
Thank you so much for all of your advice!!!
June 15th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Bananas are full of potassium. Definitely eat lots of those too.
islandbaby likes this.

[/url]
June 28th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Hi there,

Did you try the boy diet and if so how long?

Thank you
July 1st, 2013, 05:48 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Shell has some great advice! I took potassium and evening primrose oil when TTC #1 and he turned out to be a boy. I'm also sure we conceived him on the day I ovulated which helps. I love salt, so I may never have a girl

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
July 15th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Boy swimmers are faster but dont last as long so if wanting a boy ud wanna bd right at ovulation or right after. Plus lots of potassium. This is what I read at least when I am ttc I would like a boy too.
July 16th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
I will also be ttc boy in about 6 months. I'm a big banana cheese salt lover and I have 3 girls!!! So I do t know if there's anything I can do to sway boy but ill try anyway. And yes I've heard to bd on day of o and every day for a few days after. Good luck!!!

July 17th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Katiep, how much of potassium and evening primrose oil did you take per day and for how long?
August 7th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Julie View Post
I will also be ttc boy in about 6 months. I'm a big banana cheese salt lover and I have 3 girls!!! So I do t know if there's anything I can do to sway boy but ill try anyway. And yes I've heard to bd on day of o and every day for a few days after. Good luck!!!
Julie,do you have any idea of your PH ? Is it acid or alkaline ?
Do u use to have big O in DTD?
August 9th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Its always alkaline! I always o. Not sure does that have anything to do with girl or not. I don't know if I can cut out cheese!!

August 9th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Nevermind, my ph is 7 which is neutral and not quite alkaline

August 9th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Nevermind, my ph is 7 which is neutral and not quite alkaline
in this case,actually your body favors y sperms, not idea why u still have 3 girls.
Maybe u conceived them ahead of Ovulation day?
Have u ever done any sway for 3 girls when u conceived them?
August 9th, 2013, 02:51 PM
THE angry uterus's Avatar TTC PINK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttcblues View Post
in this case,actually your body favors y sperms, not idea why u still have 3 girls.
Maybe u conceived them ahead of Ovulation day?
Have u ever done any sway for 3 girls when u conceived them?
Could be DH's sperm count, or his pH. Do you know your pH after DTD?
August 9th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Hey Jamie! Going for a girl eh? my older 2 have different dads so can't be my dh's sperm. It is possible that they were conceived a few days before o. In fact I'm sure 1 of them was, at least. I don't eat any red meat or pork and I eat a ton of veggies, fruit pasta, rice, bananas, cheese, coffee and water. I guess that's a girl diet? Lol I'm trying to change it. I never swayed...intentionally anyway!

August 10th, 2013, 07:02 AM
THE angry uterus's Avatar TTC PINK
Quote:
Hey Jamie! Going for a girl eh? my older 2 have different dads so can't be my dh's sperm. It is possible that they were conceived a few days before o. In fact I'm sure 1 of them was, at least. I don't eat any red meat or pork and I eat a ton of veggies, fruit pasta, rice, bananas, cheese, coffee and water. I guess that's a girl diet? Lol I'm trying to change it. I never swayed...intentionally anyway!
Haha, yeah, ttc a girl in Jan/Febish. My cycles returned in Feb, but I haven't had a LP that goes past 7 days, yet. I'm hoping to score some clomid in Jan at my well woman appt, to lengthen my LP. Clomid sways PINK!!! BFing sways pink too, and even though DS needs to continue to BF for a little bit yet, I will use that to my TTC advantages!

Remember anything that increases fertility sways BLUE. Maybe try soy-iso, switch to soy milk, eat soy burgers... soy sways blue. Expectorants increase EWCM and can sway blue too. Taking extra vitamins and making sure you eat several small meals a day to keep your blood sugar up sways blue.
Mrs.Julie likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search