For BTDT mommies... swaying for a girl...

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2013, 07:26 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies..
I'm lurking over from the Feb DDC and the Aug'12 playroom...
So my dh are good with having 2 kids....
My first is a boy so I'm swaying for a girl for my last..
Currently I am about 11 weeks.. my NT scan is on Aug 5th but that won't help me determine the gender just yet unless I look at if the bean is planted to the left or right... (old wives tale)....

My question is I am having the same symptoms as my first.. mild morning sickness, tired, hungry, not much of breaking out in acne.... Do you think that it could be a boy?

I heard that if the start of your pregnancy is different then your first then it would be the oppoosite gender... true or false?
August 1st, 2013, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
All my pregnancies have been different and I've carried all 4 babies differently. They've all been boys. The side which baby implants I believe is alot more than old wives theory. It's like 90 something per cent accurate it's Ramos' s theory you can read about it if you Google. It's only on the really early scans, I think up to 7 weeks

[/url]
August 1st, 2013, 09:44 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shell1981 View Post
All my pregnancies have been different and I've carried all 4 babies differently. They've all been boys. The side which baby implants I believe is alot more than old wives theory. It's like 90 something per cent accurate it's Ramos' s theory you can read about it if you Google. It's only on the really early scans, I think up to 7 weeks
Oh.... I think I won't be able to determine the left right Ramo's theory because my first scheduled US is going to be on the 5th which is when i'm at 12 weeks....

But that helps that you carried differently and had boys.... Thanks!
August 1st, 2013, 10:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ask the tech which side the placenta is growing on. Also if you get a good nub shot we could all have a guess.

Ramzi' s theory lol sorry my kindle loves to change everything I write!!

[/url]
August 1st, 2013, 03:53 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my first 2 pregnancies were nearly identical, both boys.

we swayed for a girl for #3. my pregnancy was very different. he is also a boy.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

August 1st, 2013, 06:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by acchickpea View Post
Hi ladies..
I'm lurking over from the Feb DDC and the Aug'12 playroom...
So my dh are good with having 2 kids....
My first is a boy so I'm swaying for a girl for my last..
Currently I am about 11 weeks.. my NT scan is on Aug 5th but that won't help me determine the gender just yet unless I look at if the bean is planted to the left or right... (old wives tale)....

I heard that if the start of your pregnancy is different then your first then it would be the oppoosite gender... true or false?
If you are already pregnant its too late to sway. As far as the implanting on the L/R - that's actually not an old wives tale, but a theory as mentioned above. If you look up and read the study, it has a like 97-98% rate of being right depending on the gender. I would definitely ask at your nt scan. I asked then decided to go team green. I was told baby implanted on the Right and I had a boy. The earlier the scan, the better/earlier it is to determine which side baby implanted on.

As far as opposite pregnancies, that is not true. All pregnancies are different. Some are better, some are worse. Although with my boys I did have a ton of migraines and with my girls I had none. With my boys I had problems with preterm labor, with my girls, not so much. With that said, my boys have a different dad then my girls.

If you want to try to predict your baby's gender, you could tell us about your eating habits before conception, supplements you took, activity level, if you are over weight, if you have PCOS (pcos sways blue, clomid sways pink, soy sways blue, eating and snacking several times through the day sways boy, etc.), how often you DTD can play into gender too. Frequent release/bding lowers sperm count and can help sway pink, every other day BDing would do better for swaying blue. Breastfeeding also sways pink. Anything that might reduce fertility...sways pink. (clomid sways due to the more hostile CM it produces) Almost anything that increases fertility (except clomid) sways blue. Does that help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acchickpea View Post
Oh.... I think I won't be able to determine the left right Ramo's theory because my first scheduled US is going to be on the 5th which is when i'm at 12 weeks....

But that helps that you carried differently and had boys.... Thanks!
It could still work, its just better if you have the scan earlier cause its easier to see if there is one side vs the other. If the tech says "in the middle" try to get more info. The l/r is also based on a transvaginal ultrasound. If you have an abdominal ultrasound and are trying to determine from pics cause the tech is a jerk, then you have to switch it cause of the way it shows up on the pic.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search