Hi there!

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Peace.Love.Pepsi
  • 1 Post By THE angry uterus
  • 1 Post By Peace.Love.Pepsi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Peace.Love.Pepsi's Avatar Just another mommy
I think im going to start popping in here more often so i thought i would say hi!
My husband and i have started to talk about trying for a girl here soon, we have four boys, so really crossing our fingers for a DD in 2014!
Anyway, HI!
August 12th, 2013, 01:29 AM
wow , 4 boys , could you share your experience for conceiving with 4boys ?

hope you can get your girl sooon!!
August 12th, 2013, 05:17 AM
THE angry uterus's Avatar TTC PINK
We will be TTC a girl in Jan/Feb. I plan to start my sway in Oct/Nov. I should rewrite my plan to make sure I have my ducks in a row! lol I have the diet down for the most part, I'm incorporating other things into my lifestyle as well, such as lavender and moving air (fan). This fall/winter I'll start running a humidifier so that will add moving water and moving air... I've had the new moon going for me too, but other then diet and lifestyle (and moon) I don't believe as much in the other stuff for swaying. But if I can, I might as well incorporate them JUST IN CASE.
shell1981 likes this.
August 12th, 2013, 05:20 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I agree, 4 boys! WOW!!! I would like to know all your secrets to conceiving a boy!!! I have two girls, but I didn't sway for either one of them, so I won't be much help to you in return, unfortunately.
August 12th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Well happy to share how i got four boys. They were not swayed but looking at it now, i probably had lots of things i did that swayed boy without trying.
About 6 months ago i had a lifestyle change so this is how we ate before i had boys.
I ate alot of red meat. Think steaks 2-3 times a week, burger once a week, and chicken or pork the rest of the time. We were BBQ fiends, and i LOVE me a steak.
If you didnt gather from my name, im also a pepsi addict. Im working on quitting that right now. But i drank WAY more soda then any person should ( i could drink 6-12 cans in a day, and would get the largest fountain soda i could)
We also ate high sodium. We use real butter instead of margerine and minimal veggies. Lots of potatoes.
I also wasnt very active except for my first son. My idea of walking was going to the store, which dont get me wrong, totally works! But its not real exersize.
I was about 20-25 lbs overweight AFTER my first son. My first son i was a teenager and was underweight, super active and ate ALOT of junk. Mainly because we were VERY poor and raman was a good meal at that point.
In the last few months, i decided i was tired of the weight i put on ( thank you depo shot) So i started working on an 8 hr diet plan, i lost 20 lbs we dont eat much red meat anymore because we are no longer allowed to grill ( condo association rules) and ive been alot more active. walking a couple miles a week for the sake of walking. Ive been trying to quit drinking soda and changed from soda stream
Im very new to the ideas of swaying and im not sure if im doing it right. So any pointers would be great. Oh i also used evening primrose oil for two of my boys. I got PG the first cycle using it.
Ive been reading about vitex and was thinking about trying that.
August 13th, 2013, 06:19 PM
I highly recommend you check out the forums on Natural and high tech methods to conceive a girl or a boy. » The Gender Selection Source The moderator/administrator that has made it a career to research and learn as much as she could about swaying and I find it reassuring she swayed and got a girl. Anyway they have bucketloads of tutorials with studies, to read. I had to take notes cause its a bit overwhelming. If you do nothing else, read up on the LE diet and what it entails!

When do you start planning to TTC?
August 13th, 2013, 09:50 PM
how funny that you said that, i have about 10 tabs open from there, trying to read it all. Utterly crazy trying to keep it all straight. Im half ready to buy their diet plan just to make it easier.
Im hoping in the next couple of months or so.
THE angry uterus likes this.
August 13th, 2013, 10:18 PM
im actually kinda excited because we recently changed to a more LE diet in our house, mostly so we would loose weight/get healthier. My husband could loose 60ish and i just reached healthy weight for my height.
He said he would TRY to take suppliments haha. Ahhh. Ill have to hand him his pills every morning to get this to work on his end.
August 14th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Honestly I think I am probably going to buy the plan too, to double check what I have and add possible supplements. I was on ingender too, but I think genderdreaming has done a better job at the research and has better success rates, plus ingender has kind of fallen off the radar and I think their forum went down. Not sure if its back up again or not but it was down for a while and that is where all their info is...

I'm not sure how much I believe the ions and stuff. The lifestyle, diet, pH, and everything that genderdreaming has said makes so much more sense to me scientifically. I will go ahead and give the ions a shot, but I'm not going to stress too much about them. Like I mentioned before I am trying to work more lavender into my lifestyle with shampoos/conditioners, deodorants, I already drink diet drinks all the time (with my boys though, I think I was mostly drinking regular cokes!), I started running a fan (mostly cause it was hot and our A/C didn't cool the upstairs well), and this winter I'll get a humidifier cause it gets sooooo dry anyway!
August 14th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Well i drink regular soda, but was HUGE on crystal lite too before. I quit the aspertame a while ago. But soda stream uses fake sugar in it so im not sure how that works. I do need a LITTLE caffeine in my day and i cant stomach coffee you know.
My husband said 75 dollars isnt much if it makes ME feel like im doing something.
As to lavender, have you tried doTerra? Their lavender is pure, no chemicals. Im big on Essential oils.
And see thats another thing. Im starting their vitamin suppliments, i wonder how that would interfere anyway. Ahh see too many questions haha.
Ingender IS up. But its so slow and still messes up, Gender Dreaming seems much more informative and it makes sense! ( even if my hubby dosent totally "buy" it.
Then i drink ONLY alkaline water. Its a new thing too. Only way i could drink water. But the water machine can make acidic water. It tastes like you are drinking clorine water. Not user friendly. I tried once. But maybe i could mix it with a soda or something. I dont know. I think my best bet, with all my new lifestyle changes, would be to get in there where i can post my million questions and have someone who really seems to know what they are doing ( considering she did get her girl) answer them.
August 14th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I haven't. Do you have any suggestions for ways to use the essential oils? Maybe I should consider making a home made sugar scrub with it and moisturizing oil...

AAaaaghhh! Its so nice to have someone to chat with this about, lol.
August 14th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Oh i hear you! I get alot of odd looks sometimes because im interested in so many "quirky" things according to my family lol.
I like doTerra because i know its pure, im sure there are other brands that are, but ive bought some at my local herbal store and compared the two and i can smell the chemically smell in the other brand.
Now im not sure what you are using the lavender for. Just to stay clam? I would reccomend diffusing it. but also dabbing it on your pulse points. I use lavender and serenity blend ( doTerra's restful, peaceful blend and its my fav!) On myself at night to help me sleep, but also my kids. It started my fourth son Logan to sleep through the night the week he was weaned. He was... 20ish months and always nursed to sleep and throughout the night. Well i weaned him and the first few nights were terrible. Then a friend gave me a sample of doTerra lavender and serenity and i put those on him and he slept. It was blissful! Now i use them all the time, when im stressed or strained i smell them, just sniff the bottles ( im sure my neighbors think im so strange lol) and then dab them on my pulse points to sleep. I like the ones behind my ears because i can smell them as i rest!
Im even using the combo on my 9 year old who is worried and cant seem to rest because school is starting.
August 14th, 2013, 12:49 PM
The lavender is supposed to somehow effect ions to make for a more favorable girl environment. I figured it can't hurt so why not. I'm just trying to start incorporate it into my life. If I add things slowly maybe when its crunch time I wont feel so overwhelmed with what to be adding, etc.

I too eat a mostly LE diet right now. DS is BFing and has multiple food allergies. So because he is allergic to so many things, I can't eat a lot of things. Its a forced LE diet!! LOL I hope if he starts outgrowing some of these allergies I wont go crazy and swing into a HE diet! LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search