for those having more than 2 boys , pls share your experience :)

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Being in group for serveral days, I found there are moremoms having more DS than DD. if this happens in my family , my in-laws will be thrilled .
Well, my DH got 1 brother and 1 sister ,someone would say the gender will be kind of "inherited " by family genes
However my DH and his brother all have girls , his brother got 3 DDs, and we got 1 .my parents-in-law are eager to have a grandson to carry on the family name.
I think people always are greedy, we would like to have both genders to complete our family. So I will try to sway for a boy in my next pregnancy.
I am still happyto have a healthy and beatiful DD,but would like to be blessed with a healthy son.
I have bought Dr Shettles' book , and found the details of my conception with my girl is exact same as his method.
ie. timing , 2 days ahead of Oday(acutally I am still not sure as we DTD on CD14 and CD16 , but i found i have EWCM on CD17 morning), DTD in missonary position, No big O ,frequent intercourse .no supplement , go to toilet to wash out after dtd wich will lower sperm count and sways girl .
I did not take serious about the diet because i did not know anythingabout sway before but I like fish much especially shashimi ,prawns.
I would appreciate if those with more than 2 DSs could share your experience on how to concevie a boy . did the postion and big O plays an important role ? or diet most important ?
I always thought before it is just by luck and your destiny.
You don"t need share your exact diet , as I am an Asian, We did not have similar diet culture with westerns . But I need your opinions towards Shettles method. Does it really work for you.
Timing
Position
Big O
Coffee before DTD
DTD Frequency

Thank you in advance.
August 18th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Bump bump.
August 18th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Dr Shettles was disproven. Sperm have since been shown to swim at the same rate. What has been shown is that girl sperm swim more erratically while boy sperm swim in a straighter line. Girl sperm also are more resilient then the boy sperm and can live through less favorable environments, which is why the harsher pH levels (why clomid sways pink, why diet beverages sway pink, etc), the drier CM (hence why the antihistamine to dry you up), etc. For boys, guaifenesin increases your EWCM. Activity level can go either way. The more muscle mass you have, the higher your testosterone levels and more likely for you to sway blue and why weight lifting is recommended for swaying blue (I used to work out before I had DS1). Stress levels also influence hormones and can either sway blue or pink depending.

I've had both and when I started researching the diets and such it was as if a light bulb went off in my head. I thought I was saying with DS2 with shettles and found out that was a joke. (I conceived DS1 on O day and DS2 2-3 days before O.) Same with my daughters. My last daughter was a Shettles opposite. I thought I was swaying for a boy, but I got a girl.

Both Gender Selection Guide and http://www.genderdreaming.com are very big about the diet (I believe Gender Dreaming to be better and was more like what my lifestyle/diet was like when I conceived either gender). My diet was completely different when I conceived my daughters versus when I conceived my sons. My activity level, stress levels, and other factors were very different as well. When talking about the high everything diet for swaying blue, you don't want to just start eating a ton of junk. You can do it and remain healthy. You just want to eat on the higher end of your allowed daily calories and keep your blood sugar levels a bit higher by eating small meals through the day with snacks. Same with swaying pink. It doesn't have to be to the point of anorexia, just the lower end of your recommended calorie allotment for the day with the focus being on keeping your blood sugar lower then higher. As far as meats and such, I think for a boy you're supposed to eat more red meat then not, but being Asian I'm sure you probably also eat a lot of soy based foods? Maybe taking soy isoflavens (you could get those online) to increase your soy intake as well as soy milk?

I personally don't know a lot about the supplements. It makes sense to a point for me, but not a lot. Maybe you'll be able to tell me more about those, lol. I suppose I probably should do a better job at researching them. I did take a lot of mega vitamins when I conceived my boys versus none when I had my girls, but I'm not sure if it was the high everything concept of the vitamins that helped sway blue or if it was a certain vitamin or two that did it.

As far as position and big O, lol, I think that has some merit, but was hogwash for me, lol. I had the big O with all my girls, none with my boys. Boys were missionary, not sure if that is a girl or boy position, and girls were spooning.

As foolish as this sounds, my girls were all conceived in the new moon. I don't know why or how this sways, but I'm convinced for me that it swayed. My boys were conceived in the full moon. I think its crazy, and would never suggest it to anyone, but that was a difference for me. Haha, it was probably just an ironic coincidence.

Anyway, that's what went on for us when conceiving both pink and blue.
August 19th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Hi Jamie, thanks for sharing this to me . For diet, I think I eat a lot red meat , I like beef very much, I seldom drink milk.

for new moon and full moon , it is about the ion issue , that says full moon for positive ion which sways for y sperm.

It is strange ,I have two aunties, one is with 3boys, the other is with 5 girls. we did not see any difference diet though... both of them never takes any supplements.
August 19th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I eat alot of red meat compaired to my friends 2/3 Times a week, usually with potatoes and veg. I have lots of jarred sauces, especially tomato based ones. I always grab a banana after lunch. I drink mainly breakfast tea. 8 or even more cups a day. I also eat lots of chocolate.
I really think timing was a big difference for us this time. Ben and Alex were conceived on the day of or before ovulation day. Both in a girl on top position. So was Jay. This time I'm having a girl and dtd 3/4 days before ovulation ( I would also say my diet changed before conceiving this baby, a girl) I used to add quite alot of salt to my baths to help because I got yeast infections alot. Also when I conceived my boys I had big O and only dtd 2x a week at the most.

[/url]
August 19th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shell1981 View Post
I eat alot of red meat compaired to my friends 2/3 Times a week, usually with potatoes and veg. I have lots of jarred sauces, especially tomato based ones. I always grab a banana after lunch. I drink mainly breakfast tea. 8 or even more cups a day. I also eat lots of chocolate.
I really think timing was a big difference for us this time. Ben and Alex were conceived on the day of or before ovulation day. Both in a girl on top position. So was Jay. This time I'm having a girl and dtd 3/4 days before ovulation ( I would also say my diet changed before conceiving this baby, a girl) I used to add quite alot of salt to my baths to help because I got yeast infections alot. Also when I conceived my boys I had big O and only dtd 2x a week at the most.
Did you add the salts to your bath with TTC your girl or the boys?

I can't wait to see what some of the other moms have to say! I'd love to see Momto4boys comment and a few of the others.
August 19th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry with my boys I added sea salt to warm(not hot baths to help prevent yeast infections)

[/url]
August 23rd, 2013, 07:37 AM
bump
September 3rd, 2013, 08:33 AM
so many moms are conceiving for girls.

Share your experience for boy conception
September 8th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Regular
I have 3 boys.

None of them were planned so no special diets or positions were followed but it always seemed to happen when I thought ovulation had already occurred. So it was either the day of O or the day or so after that I always ended up conceiving.

Just try to time with or after O is my suggestion.
September 9th, 2013, 01:07 AM
Thanks .
September 24th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Peace.Love.Pepsi's Avatar Just another mommy
I have four boys. Diet i always think is the only thing that could possibly have an effect.
For my boys, I ate alot of red meat. I drink quite a bit of soda ( sodium) we salt everything we can. I dont drink any milk, like ever, it makes everyone in my house sick. I didnt take alot of vitamins, i dont even remember a prenatal while pregnant.
For sure my oopsie boy ( my fourth) was the day OF ovulation on a month i double ovulated. I thought we were safe, so gave the go ahead, we had stopped having fertile signs 2 days before. DTD and popped up a few hours later with more O signs. It was the middle of the day. My third son, i had JUST stopped breastfeeding my second son, and THAT month i got pregnant. it was at night, but i dont remember anything else about it. Lets see, my secod son was at night, no Orgasm because we were in someone elses living room at the time, yes naughty. My oldest was in the middle of the day, missionary. With him i actually ate a fairly girl diet. We had been kicked out of our house, we had no where to go, no jobs, no money for food. So we were eating crap, and not often, not much of it. I was about 105 lbs ( which is my low range anyway) I did drink soda every day.
After my first son i got a depo shot, couldent get pregnant for 2 years. Gained 30 lbs from it. Then finally got pregnant. Couldent loose weight, gained another 10 lbs that never came off after Ds2. So was overweight with DS3 too. Kept right at that weight with DS4.
Ive finally lost 20 lbs and am back into my healthy range. So im hoping if we do agree to go ahead for number 5. That helps.
October 14th, 2013, 04:19 PM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
All of my kids were conceived on the day of O. I don't seem to get pregnant otherwise. I can dtd 2 days before I O and I will not get pg. I have 5 boys and 1 girl and am pregnant with girl #2. I had an O with all my boys, not with my first girl but I did for this girl. I will say with both of my girls I was more stressed out.
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search