PH Level strips

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mrs. G

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Hi All,

I have a daughter already. She is now 2 yrs. My husband & I will be happy, if we have our second child as a boy. I have not used PH level strips before to test vagina PH. Can you suggest some good brands?

To moms who TTC a girl, we did the below :

For my daughter, we tried on 12th day. I usually have 28 days cycle.
I usually drink orange juice and corn flakes for breakfast. Rice for Lunch & dinner.
no exercise.
No sweets. I usually take less salt. taken more milk.
very less veggies. not even a single banana.
September 25th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Veteran
Hello,

I use Enzymedica ones that I got from Whole Foods or Sprouts (can't remember which). They don't go below 4.5, but my cm pH is usually 4.75–6 anyway. They go up to 7.5.

Thanks for the notes about having a girl. I have a two-year-old boy and this was my lifestyle:

Ate lots of protein, red meat 2+ times a week.
Had frequent snacks and healthy meals. Lots of avocado and tomatoes.
Took Maca (which is an androgen that is suspected to raise testosterone), royal jelly, and primrose oil.
Used Preseed, which has a higher pH than most lubricants.
Took Rainbow whole food prenatals.

Unknowingly, all of those things sway boy.

Good luck!
THE angry uterus likes this.
September 25th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rithumom View Post
Hi All,

I have a daughter already. She is now 2 yrs. My husband & I will be happy, if we have our second child as a boy. I have not used PH level strips before to test vagina PH. Can you suggest some good brands?

To moms who TTC a girl, we did the below :

For my daughter, we tried on 12th day. I usually have 28 days cycle.
I usually drink orange juice and corn flakes for breakfast. Rice for Lunch & dinner.
no exercise.
No sweets. I usually take less salt. taken more milk.
very less veggies. not even a single banana.
I bought ph Ion I think. I haven't tried them yet though. Other then eating cereal for breakfast, your diet and lifestyle sound very girl friendly.
September 25th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Before conception for my DD,
I frequently had pizza.Even that is cheese.
I quit breakfast most of the days. Even if I have breakfast, will just take orange juice or milk.
I never had red meat.
My DH never had coffee. He used to wear tight inner wears.
I was not in any supplements. I had gained around 7 lbs before conception in 3 months of time.
I never drink any kind of soda. when got +ve in EPD, we did a blood test. Doctor advised me to take vitamin D supplements, since that is very less with me.
I never drink much water.

Unknowingly, we followed only girl sway. No idea about this sway. Now very happy about finding this forum in this site.

Doing exercise, is a girl sway? Or it is a boy sway ? confused about it. Do I need to reduce some weight before conception, If I sway for a boy?

Thanks Much for the replies about PH level strips. It is really helpful. I can find PH strips to test saliva and urine. In these brands you have given, do we get any specific strips to test CM? Or do I need to use the same strips( used for saliva and urine) even to test CM?

Clomid is a girl sway or boy? Thanks in advance for the reply. If we anybody had clomid and succeeded in boy or girl sway, kindly help. I sway for boy. So, Can i take clomid?

Good luck to everyone!!!
September 26th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by rithumom View Post
Doing exercise, is a girl sway? Or it is a boy sway ? confused about it. Do I need to reduce some weight before conception, If I sway for a boy?

Thanks Much for the replies about PH level strips. It is really helpful. I can find PH strips to test saliva and urine. In these brands you have given, do we get any specific strips to test CM? Or do I need to use the same strips( used for saliva and urine) even to test CM?

Clomid is a girl sway or boy? Thanks in advance for the reply. If we anybody had clomid and succeeded in boy or girl sway, kindly help. I sway for boy. So, Can i take clomid?

Good luck to everyone!!!
Exercise is believed to sway boy because it increases testosterone. Specifically, weightlifting would be a good idea for you.

In general, losing weight sways girl. The idea is that in "times of plenty," more people have boys; in "times of want," people have more girls. I wouldn't try to lose weight now unless you need to for health reasons.

The pH strips I have come in a roll like tape, so you just break off an inch or so use it to test anything.

Chlomid sways girl because it makes the CM more hostile to sperm. Do you need chlomid to ovulate? If you want an alternative, you may want to look into Maca powder. I took this before my boy because I had really long, unpredictable cycles and I wanted to ovulate more consistently. It worked! And it's supposed to sway boy because it may increase testosterone levels. It sure gave me more energy and I had more sex drive!

Some studies say that high sperm counts are linked to more boys. If your husband isn't already taking vitamin E, it would be a good idea to have him do that. It's not only good for increasing sperm count, but, as an antioxidant, it increases the quality of the sperm by protecting the DNA. If he doesn't want to bother, make sure he is at least taking a multivitamin. Folic acid for you both is crucial.

I hope this helps!
September 27th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Thank you so much again for the reply. We planned TTC in 6 - 10 months. I just started taking alkaline foods. I am planning to take supplements 2 months before TTC.

Listed the my plan to sway Boy:

1. CM PH level should be more than 8.
2. Start supplements as below.

For me:
Green tea- Helps improve fertility. Helps loosen cm. 2-3 cups a day.
Evening primrose oil 1000mg - Increases cm & ewcm. Take from last day of af until ovulation. 2-3 tablets a day.
Potassium tablets 99mg - Helps adding potassium to cm and makes cm more alkaline.
Fish oil 1000mg- Helps ewcm plus it makes the cm more alkaline.
Fertile cm- Helps to increase testosterone in females. for ewcm and is alkaline. Can be taken from af - af. OR MACA powder.
Folic acid- .Helps prevent birth defects and misscarriage.

For DH:
Zinc 50mg- Helps to raise testostrone- 1 a day
B-12 150 mcg - Repairs sperm count.
CoQ 10 cardio formula- Helps to raise testorone and sperm count. also helps ph.
Fish oil 100mg- will help raise ph. Will raise sperm count. MAKE SURE its mercury free. As it will sway for a girl if it has mercury in it.
Folic acid-Helps boost sperm count.
vitamin E - too

3. Along with the above supplements, I should start weight lifting and exercise too.
4. Should Eat red meat and Banana regularly. Eat foods rich in sodium and potassium. Should never skip breakfast. Drink more water. Keep taking foods which are high in Glucose thru out the day. Should take atleast a cup of pepsi everyday.
5. Should Avoid B/D from 10th day.
6. After seeing +ve in OPK - B/D AFTER 6 to 24 hours.
7. DH to wear boxers.
8. DH to take 2 cups of strong coffee before 1 hour of B/D.
9. Take cough syrup on expected ovultion day morning. ( Planning start from 16th day, since I have 28 days ovultion cycle).
10.Take cold both ( Me & MY DH before B/D).
11.Douche with baking soda water.
12.Try for 'O' .
13.Deep penetration - as per the suggested positions.
14.After B/D, keep lifting legs atleast for 30 mins.

( Listed all I know to sway Boy. Please add If I missed any or I need to correct anything. After that, everything is in God's hand !!! )

Thanks & All the best .
October 1st, 2013, 11:25 AM
Veteran
Hi!

Just a few things:

I would limit the green tea—if not remove it altogether—in the few months leading up to your first try. Some studies suggest it interferes with the absorption of B vitamins, including folic acid.

Re: eating "high glucose foods," I would think of it instead as foods that help you to maintain steady glucose levels throughout the day. High glucose foods like candy or cookies can cause a drop in levels after a period of time (a sugar crash); glucose levels that go up and down like a rollercoaster sway pink. To keep your glucose levels up and steady, eat protein with your carbs. Healthy snacks throughout the day (maybe an energy bar with protein and a piece of fruit?) would be good.

Also, I think above an 8 pH for CM would be difficult... I thought the 7s were okay for boy, but I could be wrong! After all, I'm a pink swayer.

Everything else looks great!

MG
October 2nd, 2013, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think #5&6 sound girl friendly. I think BDing every other day when you start to have ewcm would be more ideal? And cooler showers the cycle you start your attempt. I agree with the eat healthy nutrient dense snacks coupled with a protein like cheese, yogurt, hard boiled egg, tuna fish, hummus, maybe homemade beef jerky? (I would limit the dairy, but if your needing something...)
October 2nd, 2013, 08:45 PM
Thanks for your replies Mrs. G & The angry uterus.

Now I am confused about Timing of DTD.

1. Do we need to DTD, as soon as we get +ve from OPK.
2. Or do we need to DTD, once we see the EWCM? ( every other day)

Please help me to understand on this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search