TTC a BOY! tips and tricks please!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Hello, so my husband and I are planning on working for a boy! I have read a lot about this type of thing and it seems to be working for a lot of women who tried it but I am not so bright when it comes to all of this. I know the basics of conception but the whole ovulation and timing thing it just isn't sticking with me. I read about foods that should be eaten and then another website tells me no, those have calcium or whatever. Could somebody please just give a an up to date listing of foods and what should I do during the day? I read to eat set meals, 3 meals a day but the another said eat throughout the day! I am do confused! Please help our dream become a reality
October 16th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When your txt a boy you need to increase your intake of sodium and potassium and lower your intake of calcium and magnesium. You want to eat a diet that keeps your blood sugar levels even, so eat regularly.
Red meat is good for ttc a boy because of testosterone levels
Potatoes, broccoli, grapefruit, grapes, mushrooms are good because they help the body become alkaline.
Dh drinking coffee before dtd helps to give the sperm a boost.
Salty foods, ready meals, gravy and jarred sauces are good for salt content
Evening primrose oil is good for producing ewcm
Avoid decongestants like sudafed it dries up ewcm. Also avoid foods with aspartame in.

Dtd try to dtd on ovulation day in a deep penetration position. Before dtd have a cool bath, encourage dh to have a cool bath also. He should wear loose boxers to try to keep his male parts cool.

[/url]

Last edited by shell1981; October 16th, 2013 at 03:38 PM.
October 17th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Great info! My DH and I will also be ttc a boy in a couple months. I'll try the boy diet. I don't eat red meat but will try it for a couple of months if it helps. Thanks! Good luck to you XxmommyxX!!
October 24th, 2013, 03:25 AM
I'm not sure that any foods would make a difference - i know that nutrition is essential for fertility but whether it can influence the gender is hard to say.
One thing that is supposedly effective is the timing of the conception. Sperm with the X chromosome (female) are stronger and able to survive longer than sperm with the Y chromosome (male). Therefore if conception happens early in the cycle the sperm can hang around waiting for the egg. Because they are stronger the X sperm are more likely to survive long enough to fertilise the egg. So if conception happens later in the cycle so that longevity of the sperm is less important it is more likely the Y sperm will fertilise the egg.
January 9th, 2014, 12:58 AM
Veteran
Not sure about the diet, but sex after ovulating using an ovulation test worked for boy number two. We only had a girl with an unplanned pregnancy. She was conceived when my husband was out of town so it had been a few days since we were together when I ovulated.
January 21st, 2014, 09:53 PM
I think the best way to do it would be to do it on the days you are ovulating or fertile. Sperm carrying the "Y chromosome" which is responsible for having a male baby swims faster than the one carrying the "X chromosome" however it does not live that long. So it has to be on the day.
April 15th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Great ideas!
June 28th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Veteran
There are more natural gender selection

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search