Bye bye sway

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By Mrs. G
  • 3 Post By Mrs. G
  • 2 Post By Mrs. G
  • 1 Post By Mrs. G
  • 1 Post By shell1981
  • 2 Post By Mrs. G

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Veteran
I'm pretty much giving up my sway. I was doing the LE, acidic diet, and vitex... then I lost a bunch of weight (I was already skinny), never ovulated last month, and got really sick with a 3-week cold. I think the sway tactics were affecting me negatively, and at this point I just want to be healthy and fertile. I still might do Sylk lubricant with a one-shot DTD just before ovulation, but that's it. Besides, I keep seeing other little boys and I think about how much my son would love a brother. So, I'm just going to let go a bit here, live, be healthy, and see what happens. Good luck to you all!
October 26th, 2013, 03:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, I personally would stick to the LE and just drop the acidic diet and vitex has made me stop ovulating in the past too. When I had DS two, I think I was more at peace with that then DS1 cause then I knew he would have a brother. If I have another boy, that's why I think it wont be so bad, but for ME I want a little girl. Good luck, please stick around and let us know how everything goes! When you get your BFP come back too!!

October 26th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Veteran
BIG UPDATE:

BFP today. I can't believe it. I have no idea when I ovulated... I'm really scared because I have had two blighted ova in the past and I just can't get too hopeful until we see a heartbeat. I'll DEFINITELY update with gender when possible!

Mrs. G

PS: The line is BARELY there, so I must be like 10 dpo, which means I ovulated a week later than expected. Is that bad?

Last edited by Mrs. G; October 26th, 2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: More info
October 26th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!! If you didn't notice you ovulated maybe that's a good sign for a girl?? . Good luck! I don't think a late o is bad. Did you get one shot in or more? Even with mult attemps I think with the rest of the sway it sounds good!! KUP!

October 27th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Veteran
Thanks! Okay, I didn't record our DTD because I ran out of ovulation strips and assumed my body was going to skip. What I do remember is being VERY "in the mood" for two days, so I think we did it twice in a row around ovulation. DH had been doing frequent release for about 10 days.

I just took the second test from my pack, and the line is slightly stronger. However, I used Target's Up & Up brand pregnancy tests. I just read about false positives online, so I might confirm with a more reliable test tomorrow.
October 27th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Veteran
Confirmed with another brand of hcg test strip. Still very faint, but I think I caught this early.

If declining maternal health has anything to do with gender, well then I certainly have a shot at a girl this time around! That cold knocked me out and I was losing weight. Hopefully my body is in good enough condition to have produced a good egg and to sustain this pregnancy. I went back on my prenatals a few days before BFP, thank goodness, and have been on at least 800 mg folic acid daily for a month.
THE angry uterus likes this.
October 27th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awe, congrats and good luck!! Keep us updated for sure!!

October 27th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! Losing weight and being unwell will definitely help a girl sway. Also your dhs frequent release. Did you take any decongestants for your cold? I have a good feeling that this is going to be a sticky little bean and hopefully as pink one! Keep updating us on symptoms and scan pics etc...
THE angry uterus likes this.

[/url]
October 31st, 2013, 02:17 PM
Veteran
Thanks! I did take Nyquil twice, and I didn't have much CM at all (which is another reason I thought I skipped ovulation). I've had the hunger/nausea waves for two days now and an appt for a blood test on Monday, Nov. 4th. I'm also starving and have probably gained back whatever I lost during the cold.
November 6th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Forget Me Not's Avatar Four Boys and a girl!
Congratulations and good luck mama!!

At home working mama to four little boys. Expecting our first little MISS in Late July to Early August.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search