We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Hi everyone! I'm Jacqueline, mom of Isabelle (almost 16mos.) and Madison (2 1/2yrs). I'll give you my story... I brought my daughter, Madison, into the doctor in November for thick patches of dry skin on her scalp that would crust her hair down on her scalp and she was diagnosed with eczema. I was told to put hydrocortisone cream on it with the scalp moist twice a day. I also had gone to cosmetology school and knew that Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner was specifically for scalp care and very hydrating. I had noticed when she was younger she would have dry patches behind her ears and also on her face in the winter so I wasn't surprised by the diagnosis. Well about 2 weeks ago my daughter Isabelle had broke out into a rash all over her arms, legs, and face. I brought her in and they though maybe she had just caught a virus so they said to call if it had gotten worse. It did so I called that next week and they asked about it and said it should be gone within a few days since it didn't seem to bother her they weren't concerned. Well I brought her in this morning because the bumps were starting to cluster and she had tiny scabs on some of them from what I assume she itching at night. We brought her in and the Dr seemed concerned that both had eczema. Isabelle was given a prednisone injection and we were told to come back. Well I decided that I'm going directly to an allergen specialist who also treats eczema. Do you think that is a good idea? We can't get in until December 23 but I am having both girls seen. It seems so odd to me that they both are diagnosed with this condition within 2 months. So I just want to see if it is anything environmental and if not then we'll go from there. I will take any advice you have on this since I feel like I wasn't told much by our pediatrician. We are currently using only aveeno products besides the tea tree. I heard that was best. Thanks for reading this, it turned out longer than I expected.