Allergy or normal newborn rash?

Forum: Skin Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Skin Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2010, 03:59 PM
~LaNa~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello girls
I have a 5 weeks old baby girl with kind of rash on her cheeks,neck and chest.It's been there for quite some time now,but lately the lil pimples became more red.
Here r pics of how her skin looks like now.

Does it look like something that warrants an app with the doc?I can't take her to see one before Monday What's does it look like to u?Allergy or normal newborn rush?
Do u know anything that i can get over the counter?
A million thanks
March 27th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think that looks more like an allergic reaction. I know most newborns have baby pimples, but it's usually on the face not on the body. You'll have to think back what you've done just before the rash. Change in detergent? something she ate? I would definitely bring her in to have it checked out.

Don't use any over the counter meds on it. Definitely a no no, and you can make it worse! Just let it be and it will go away in time.
April 16th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Regular
At first I thought it looked like cradle cap on the face my daughter had something similar but the rash on the body looks like an allergic reaction. If you are breastfeeding maybe something you ate may have caused it or detergent. I would call the doctor and just apply a moisturizer like cetaphil in the meantime.
August 28th, 2011, 08:00 AM
My 9 week old daughter has exactly the same rash - what did the doc say?

Our GP tells us it's a heat rash; the midwife told me it's baby acne & a paediatrician told us it could be a symptom of cow's milk allergy ... eek! How do you know?
August 31st, 2011, 06:43 PM
My son had and still has the same rashy looking issue.... He has a cows milk protein sensitivity, and atopic dermatitis (exzema).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search