Allergic reaction or just a med-based non-allergic rash?

Forum: Skin Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Skin Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi all, I should probably call my pediatrician but being that it is after hours and there is no no signs of serious allergic reaction and no dose is needed until tomorrow morning, I thought I would post here first to see if anyone else has had this in their LO.

My dd turned 16 months today and yesterday we went to the doctor for an ear infection. She was given azithromycin as an antibiotic (this is the first time she has ever had an antibiotic). I gave her the double dose yesterday, no problems. Gave her the dose today and noticed after her second nap of the day that her face, neck, back, and chest/abdomen have very faint rash on them. Very light pink, not raised, not itchy, not bothering her in the least. No swelling or breathing issues, no swallowing issues. I have read about non-allergic medication rashes in certain antibiotics but wondering if this sounds like it or could tomorrows dose make things a lot worse? I will call my pediatrician prior to tomorrows dose but would like some opinions tonight please

Thanks!

December 18th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Same thing happen to my son, when he was prescribed antibiotics for an ear infection. He just started having rashes on his body, but not raised or anything. Went to the doctor, and he said it was an allergic reaction. So we stopped it, and he was prescribed a different one.

If you noticed this rash, and suspect it is from the anitbiotic. Stop taking it and take your LO back to the doctor.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search