Allergy Appt scheduled

Forum: Skin Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Skin Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Barbi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Barbi
We have an appt on the August 8th with an allergist for Emma to see if there is an allergy behind her eczema. Her dr didn't want to before now because of worries of some sort. I agreed because the thought of the allergy test isn't really something I was looking forward to. We are looking into now because over last couple months it has gotten to be the worst since she was born. Now starting to affect her face and she is digging her nails into her skin and making herself bleed.

Also her dr did change her prescription from Zyrtec to Singulair which is helping a bit.

July 30th, 2007, 12:51 AM
LadyTkachenko's Avatar *~GreenTeamFeb2015~*
That's great! I hope it goes well! Keep us updated on what the doc finds out. I'm glad the new meds are helping too.

August 8th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Barbi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Barbi
Emma had her 1st appt today with the allergist. He was wonderful with her. Which I was worried about.
They had her go and get blood drawn to be tested for the food allergies. She goes back in on the 20th, her first day of school, to do the skin tests. They said we would get the results from the blood tests at that appt. Also, dr is thinking she might have asthma so they are going to look into that also, since she usually gets bronchitis and pneumonia in the winter.

He is keeping her on the singulair, benadryl and the steroid ointments for now. Along with cool compresses during the day and he also said that the Vanicream is great. Told me to go ahead and order the shampoo/conditioners/and SPF for her.

August 9th, 2007, 10:53 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Allergists are great for helping pinpoint the triggers. I'm glad you and Emma had a good appointment. Singulair is wonderful! Ben and I both take it. With Alex's eczema, doc's expecting asthma, so I'm sure he'll be on it, too. It helps with allergies and asthma. Ben's taken it since he was 2 and has never had a side effect. Hopefully it helps Emma, too.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search