Add Us To The Eczema List!

Forum: Skin Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Skin Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2007, 07:29 PM
Epi_rush's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Took Beth to the pedi today for this "pin head" type rash she's had for several days. She's got it mainly on her trunk and forehead and a lot of the bumps are still fleshy colored, but they're turning red. (not really in patches, yet) I don't know jack about eczema so I'm at a loss since I always lotion her down every night after her bath, the water is never real warm, she doesn't sit in soapy water, etc etc. I feel so bad for her because I noticed tonight that it's spread to her little monkey. She doesn't seem bothered by any of it tho, thank goodness. Her pedi prescribed 2% hydrocortisone and said to use a thin layer of vaseline at night after her bath. I hope we can control it!!

Hi Michele.

Hi everyone!

August 24th, 2007, 08:34 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm sorry you're dealing with eczema. If your doc didn't already mention it, be sure that you use unscented products to bathe her and to wash clothes (hers and yours). Our pedi recommended Cetaphil (and I learned on this board that the generics are just as good) for washing and the Cetaphil cream. He said the Dove mild or sensitive (can't remember now) is good for bathing, too. The vaseline does just as good a job as the Cetaphil cream, but can be a bit greasy. For laundry, we were already using All Free and Clear, Downy Free, and Bounce Free. Anything with lavendar flares up Alex, so we're especially careful to avoid those.

Food, stress, and heat can flare it up as well.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 6th, 2007, 08:30 AM
LadyTkachenko's Avatar *~GreenTeamFeb2015~*
Hey Kim! Welcome to the SD board! I'm sorry about Beth! I hope it doesn't bother her too bad and you can keep it under control. ~hugs~

September 10th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Epi_rush's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's doing much better now. I do a lotion/Aquaphor combo on her every night and we switched to Cheer Free and Gentle the other day, so we'll see how that works. So far, so good on the irritation factor. She still doesn't seem to be bothered by it. Her face is generally clear now, but her tummy and chest are still rough, but not near as bad. Also, it seems white grape juice upsets it more, so we've cut that out. It's a shame too because she really loves that stuff.

Quote:
Welcome! I'm sorry you're dealing with eczema. If your doc didn't already mention it, be sure that you use unscented products to bathe her and to wash clothes (hers and yours). Our pedi recommended Cetaphil (and I learned on this board that the generics are just as good) for washing and the Cetaphil cream. He said the Dove mild or sensitive (can't remember now) is good for bathing, too. The vaseline does just as good a job as the Cetaphil cream, but can be a bit greasy. For laundry, we were already using All Free and Clear, Downy Free, and Bounce Free. Anything with lavendar flares up Alex, so we're especially careful to avoid those.

Food, stress, and heat can flare it up as well.[/b]
Thank you for the tips!!

September 30th, 2007, 12:03 PM
LadyTkachenko's Avatar *~GreenTeamFeb2015~*
Oh I am glad Beth is doing better. Thats great!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search