Moms to babies with eczema

Forum: Skin Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Skin Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2011, 12:48 AM
Veteran
thanks for the help guys..
February 6th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Will definitely have to go back through and read all the replies!

Natural remedies: homemade laundry detergent, coconut oil, Vitamin E oil. Also since we use cloth diapers, we use a cloth wipes and a solution made from Butt Beans sold on etsy, that contains chickweed.

Over the counter remedies: Cetaphil cleanser for baths, Cetaphil cream right after bath and another 3-4x a day.

Prescription remedies: Triamcinolone 0.1% We have tried others but this is the most recent one and only one I have handy at the moment.

Last edited by eli's momma; February 6th, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
February 10th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Some great replies, but some of these be careful the products mentioned are not all natural meaning they have ingredients in them that will not truly help with the problem and actually only keep it ongoing. Please use Skin So Deep website to help to decipher the ingredient labels....it's free.

Using chemical free soaps, including shampoo and conditioner yes because it washes down the body leaving drying chemicals on the skin. Chemical free lotions, olive oil works really well for it, coconut oil is a great moisturizer but not as good as olive oil for this skin aliment. Laundry soap, bleach, dryer sheets etc. are all drying and irritating to the skin, go chemical free, there are plenty of products on the market now. All the above should greatly improve if not emlimante the flair ups, if not a shower/bath water filter to rid the drying effects of the cholirine which some people are much more sensitive to then others.

A product by Keys soap makes a great all natural anit-itch product for immediate releif. Forget about the dangerous sterioid creams )
February 28th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Well we use all dye free, smell free stuff for washing clothes and her in.

IF and WHEN it gets really bad, I bathe her up to 3 times a day. Each time she sits in the bath for 20 min. I get her out pat her dry....use her steriod cream where the eczema is and glob it on her. Then where it is just kinda dry skin I use Vanicream for the rest of her body. I then take hot wet clothes put that on her then on top of the wet I put dry. I wrap her hands with a wet sock and then a dry sock, same with feet. Do this for prob 2 days and it is all cleared up. I got this system from my daughter doing the 2 week pediatric day program at national Jewish hospital in denver...this is what they specialize in and were a God send to us when our little one was just 2 years old.
August 14th, 2012, 04:16 PM
LadyTkachenko's Avatar *~GreenTeamFeb2015~*
This week my daughters ped is having us try another steroid cream called Triamcinolone Acetonide cream usp, 0.025%

Hope this works. She has the elbows and knees of a tried up lizard at this point.

October 17th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Veteran
I'm new to the boards but plenty of experience with eczema.

Natural remedies: Well, while we were in the process of eliminating dairy (which is my son's trigger and he remains eczema free as long as he is dairy free) we used pure virgin coconut oil slathered on him - he loved it and it helped fight infections, was soothing, and softened his skin the best without being oily and without steroids and didn't sting him.

Over the counter remedies: We only used Burt's Bees products for washing while he had an outbreak. It was the only one that didn't bother him. Even Aveeno (I think that's what it was at the time - this was over 10 years ago - but it was touted as being for those with eczema) bothered him.

Prescription remedies: none
September 26th, 2013, 11:00 AM
My daughter has eczema. She hasn't had an outbreak in almost 6 years. I switched stores and buy strictly from a health and wellness company. Their products are well researched and proven to work. Befor I found them I had tried everything from the oatmeal bathes to no laundry detergent. Found out after using princess soap on her that she is allergic to some ingredients found in most bath products. Everyone is different, but skin issues are usually triggered by intolerances or allergies. Can be to food or chemicals. Ridding your home of harsh chemicals is a must with ezcema. Even if they aren't the cause they will make it worse
July 8th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Great thread. Thanks for the nice post.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search