Just stumbled across this board

Forum: Skin Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Skin Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My 3 year old has had eczema since she was about 2 months old. After seeing her pediatrician numerous times for it she recommended a dermatologist. He didn't do much but give a special cream. She kept having outbreaks so we saw an allergist. Of course she did come back as being allergic to alot of things. Foodwise it is Milk, Oranges, Soy and Nuts. They didn't test her for any meats b/c they said with her age they only test for certain things?? I am going to request another test soon on more things since it has been a year since the last one and the eczema hasn't gotten any better. It is tough to get under control at times. Right now she is cleared up b/c of an allergic reaction she had and the steroids and antibiotics she has been on. Since she was diagnosed early on we have always used Cheer Free and Gentle on her clothes and nothing but Eucerin and Cetaphil lotions. We don't kid ourselves anymore about her outgrowing it. We were told she should outgrow it by 2, then it went to 3. It is pretty obvious it isn't going anywhere. She is on Singulair, Atarax and we use 2.5% hydrocotisone on her body and the 1% on her face. There are times when it feels like nothing works.

I recently had my 2nd child. The chances of her having allergies and eczema are pretty strong. My husband has asthma and both sides of our family have asthma, hayfever and allergies. As a precautionary her pediatrician has her on nutramagen infamil formula which is to help with babies allergic to milk protein. I am washing her clothes in Cheer Free and lathering her up with lotion too. No signs yet, but she is only a week old. I am still using her "baby" lotion (johnson and johnson) b/c I just love the baby smell. I hope she doesn't have it all, but I am prepared if she does.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I also post a tad bit on the allergies board. It doesn't seem too active. I will be checking back from time to time.

Please excuse the crazy hour I am posting. Like I said...I have a newborn!! lol

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weidFbf/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
January 7th, 2008, 08:34 AM
LadyTkachenko's Avatar *~GreenTeamFeb2015~*
Welcome! I am sorry about your daughters eczema and allergies! I really hope it gets better soon! Congrats on the new baby girl. How is she doing? Any signs yet of allergies?

January 9th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The only sign we have had so far is the RSV she got at 5 weeks old. We fought the RSV for like 3 weeks plus a 2 night stay in the hospital. Our pediatrician said it was probably a sign of the baby having the wheeze our 3 yr old has. I know asthma, allergies and eczema run hand in hand so I am kind of nervous. Macie has a little baby acne that comes and goes too, but the ped said not to worry with it.

So far the Nutramigen is going good. SOmetimes she has horrible poop diapers and is very gassy. She hasn't had a diaper rash yet so I guess the poop diapers aren't causing pain. They did tell me that babies on her formula tend to have BMs like breastfed babies so I guess it is normal.

Kaleigh was 3 months old when the eczema started.....I am crossing my fingers we don't start seeing signs soon with the baby!!! Kaleigh's big problem was the fact she was allergic to milk and we never knew. Not until she was 2 anyway. I wish I had been more aware of food allergies when Kaleigh was a baby. It makes me so sad that we were giving her milk that whole time!!

Thanks for the welcome!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weidFbf/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search