Do you feel down when your child has an outbreak?

Forum: Skin Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Skin Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lately Kaleigh's eczema has been out of control. I feel like it is my fault. Nothing we do seems to make it better. It isn't so bad all over her body like legs and arms....it now shows up on her face-all over- and behind her ears. When she was younger it was usually just behing her knees and on her arms. I dread taking her places b/c of all the stares we will get. I always feel the need to let everyone know about her eczema. I get tired of explaining it and reassuring strangers that she has been seen by all kinds of Drs and I am doing all that I can. I know there are tons of parents out there who have it 10 times worse than I do, but is it possible that Kaleigh's eczema can bring on depression to me? Of course she has a long list of food allergies also that can be overwhelming at times.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weidFbf/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
November 18th, 2007, 06:33 PM
gemini6774's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, hun, I'm so sorry for your little girl and you.....I know exactly how you feel. I'm always having to explain about Lucas to people. His has been all over his face since birth and people always ask me about it. I felt really sad and depressed about it for a while, but I'm starting to get better about it. It's been clearing up quite a bit now though, so maybe that's why. I feel bad for when he gets older and goes to school, will the other kids tease him.....I just want to be able to protect him from all that, and it makes me sad, that that's the way kids are and he will get teased.

November 20th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so worried about the teasing too. She is in preschool now, but kids this age are harmless. It's crazy that even though eczema is somewhat common these days, I never knew there was such a thing until Kaleigh was born. Now we live eczema every single day. I am glad your little boy is clearing up. Hope his eczema is easy to handle. Any known food allergies?

*ETA* Had to go back and see how old Lucas is. He probably isn't old enough to know about allergies yet. It seems like we had to wait until Kaleigh was almost 2 until I convinced the pedi to send me to an allergist and he did the test right away. She is allergic to cows milk which is crazy seeing how she was drinking it all that time. I wish I would have known that sooner, maybe her eczema wouldn't be so bad now? Who knows.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weidFbf/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search