What's going on this weekend?

Forum: Gifted and Talented Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gifted and Talented Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2011, 05:12 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
do you have plans? Busy or quiet weekend?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

June 17th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Kathode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Father's day...my Dad is a notorious attention hog. Anything less than a grand event and we'll hear about it for a year!! So big party on Sunday at my parent's place...swimming, bbq, lots of fun. Saturday will be spent making the food of course. My famous potato salad....

June 18th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Sounds fun!!! Potato salad sounds yummy....mmmmm

June 18th, 2011, 12:51 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Nada. Ben's sick. Daniel and I ran some errands today and will go to church tomorrow. Hoping Ben gets over this soon, because camp starts on Monday.
June 18th, 2011, 05:31 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL on the attention hog dad.
Sorry that Ben's sick.

We had a long playdate with a large family tonight and went to the zoo yesterday!

June 19th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo&Sergiosmom View Post
LOL on the attention hog dad.
Sorry that Ben's sick.

We had a long playdate with a large family tonight and went to the zoo yesterday!

LOVE large families...LOL How large was it? I don't consider myself as having a large family.

Hope Ben feels better!

We had our first swim meet of the summer yesterday. My gang was awesome! So proud.

Today we are having a bbq for father's day too. Invited my in laws over and got some steaks and veggies to grill. Going to make homemade strawberry shortcake for dessert. Then my SIL called to see if they could come and what could they bring. LOL - I told her to bring some steak. Really. C'mon - we are trying to save every penny and the steaks were a splurge for father's day. Didn't get enough for three extra people. She actually said she would bring some. LOL Hope she doesn't think that was rude!

June 19th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Doesn't sound rude to me!

DH woke up with chills and fever, AND my brother in law feels the same. We figure it's flu, which sucks!! So party is cancelled so as not to infect all the babies and stuff. I made ten pounds of potato salad last night!! Looks like we'll be eating potato salad for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next few days...

Guess we'll have a quiet day at home...

June 19th, 2011, 04:37 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG, all that potato salad! Hope you don't get sick. Seems like a lot of people have been sick. I am going on week 3 of an ear/sinus infection myself- NOT FUN.

Shari, I consider yours large. Or at least getting there. These people were the same- well, 3 (3 and under) and one on the way in Sept. When there are always kids playing and always something going on I consider it large- it's busier than our house.

June 20th, 2011, 04:57 AM
Heading to Kathode's to get some potato salad now.

June 20th, 2011, 09:10 AM
I would mail it to you but Canada Post is on strike!!!

June 21st, 2011, 05:07 AM
Lol.....

June 21st, 2011, 09:29 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
My weekend was Jam packed, and I never plan so much so close together because I worry I'll upset my anxiety, but things went well!

Friday: DH and I had an appointment with LSICreditSolutions to talk about ways of improving our credit score and doing a little repair. I'm really excited about this because we have worked so hard to clear any and all debt and now the debris just needs a little cleaning up. He said we were an excellent case and expects that a month from now our scores will have drastically improved, cannot wait
Then we went home and had to prepare for a BBQ a friend of ours was throwing. He's moving for college so he put together an event at Golden Gardens Beach. I made a potato mac salad, got everything in order for my mother to babysit the girls, and my phone was ringing off the hook as I tried to organize who was meeting up at our house first. We got there a little late but it was the first time we've been kid free for a night out since 2008. IT WAS AWESOME!

Saturday: This was my weekend to babysit Genvieve and she's quite the handful but thankfully at least some of the time she plays alright with Rayne. She's a year younger but the same size as Rayne and usually it ends up being Rayne telling her what to do and she just copies whatever. She came over at 7:30 am and I hadn't gotten to bed till after midnight because of the BBQ the night before. Meanwhile I also had to make the final arrangements for my monthly Girls Gathering. Also I promised a friend that I would be with her in spirit as she celebrated what would have been her son's first birthday (sad story). We wrote a not and released a balloon and took pictures for her. Girls night ran late, lots of cooking, games, chatting, activities, etc. so I didn't get to sleep till around 2 am.

Sunday: Had to get up at 7:30 am for Evee again (we call her that for short) and then got the girls ready for Church. In the afternoon once all my siblings and significant others had arrived we celebrated Fathers day for my husband and dad. The girls and I gave Bobby a canvas portrait of us. He loved it <3 Some friends in town dropped by just as we were passing out desert and ended up sticking around for the rest of the day/evening. Once again got to bed late but was happy to have been able to do so much over the weekend!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search