Year End an Report cards

Forum: Gifted and Talented Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gifted and Talented Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Kathode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, school is over for another year here...we always finish June 23rd as June 24th is a provincial holiday, so it makes it a logical place to end the year. Mia received her final report card, nothing unexpected, and we also got the news that she will have the same teacher again next year. I'm so pleased about that! This year went so well for her with that teacher.

If you remember she is in grade 3 but was placed in a 3/4 split and the teacher really pushed her to challenge herself. She will be in an all grade 4 next year (there will be no 4/5 split, poo) but at least she has the same teacher who is all for pushing kids to do their best. Given the educational situation in this province, it's about the best outcome I could hope for.

When do your kids end? Have you received their final report cards?

June 25th, 2011, 07:23 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
We homeschool, so our grade levels over-lap a bit. When we finish one thing, we move on to the next. We dove-tail finished between Apr/May, and have now finished the first term of the new year, too. We'll start the second (of three) term in mid-August. He did very well. I don't give grades, but I'd consider him a "B" student overall. My dh and I agree that it's better to be challenged and work at a B level than to be unchallenged and make all A's. For some kids, A's are way too easy to get. (We were like that when we were in school, so I'm able to tailor Ben's learning so that he's pretty much always at about 85-95%.)
June 26th, 2011, 03:40 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My kids were done June 10th. I got report cards the same day. Nothing unexpected there either. Erin had all A's again. Luckily, she has had teachers that have always challenged her and pushed her to do more. I hope she finds that in middle school too!

It's nice to have a teacher that you love. I am learning that they are getting harder to come by. Congrats to Mia!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

June 27th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I also homeschool and dont do grades. I did test him and he doesnt do that well on them BUT if someone comes over,he always tells them everything he knows so we know he knows what hes learning
June 28th, 2011, 05:23 PM
AmAnDaMo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Her last day was sometime in the middle of May, and that's when she got her final report card. As always, she couldn't have done any better, and her teacher had nice things to say about her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search