sleep

Forum: Gifted and Talented Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gifted and Talented Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My oldest(6) takes HOURS to fall asleep EVERY night. I guess I shouldn't complain because it hasnt even been a year since he started sleeping through the night. Anyone else have kids like that?
August 30th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Ani's a diagnosed insomniac. She started sleeping through the night around age 6.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

August 30th, 2011, 06:27 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Funny you posted that b/c Sergio's not that extreme, but he's been having more and more issues falling asleep. Once he's asleep he's out... he'd sleep all day. Just falling asleep is the problem. Funny enough- he is sleeping (more like rolling around at the moment) in Hugo's bed w/ Hugo for the first time ever right now. He's climbing out of the crib, and started showing interest in getting in a regular bed w/ blanket for the first time. (the child detests covers or anything in the bed)

I'm interested to see how this pans out b/c the two of them are talking about sharing a room when we move, but the sleep patterns are different.

August 30th, 2011, 09:05 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Yep! Both of mine are like that. They definitely get it from me. Dh is the type who falls asleep before his head even hits the pillow. I hate that.
September 1st, 2011, 11:10 AM
Regular
If we don't wind the kids down, they have a lot of trouble. We turn off all electronics (tv, computer, games) thirty minutes before bedtime and turn on music. It doesn't work all of the time, but 9/10 they are asleep in fifteen minutes. Typically, I am so tired that as soon as I tumble in bed, I am out! lol
September 2nd, 2011, 02:46 PM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All of mine fall asleep rather easily. Oh and Chrystal, my dh is like that too and it drives me CRAZY!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 2nd, 2011, 05:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband is like that too-gets it from his mom. She will be sitting up talking to you and mid-sentence starts snoring. SOOOO ANNOYING!
September 16th, 2011, 08:57 AM
AmAnDaMo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My oldest never sleeps. I honestly don't know how she functions sometimes, but she just doesn't require it. Her mind is always racing, and I'm positive that's the reason why.

When my youngest was an infant, she'd take *maybe* a 15 minute nap once a day and then slept horribly at night. That lasted until she was about 18 months old. Since then she sleeps through the night, but still doesn't require as much sleep as other kids her age. Once she's asleep for the night, though, she's asleep.

September 16th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BensMom View Post
Yep! Both of mine are like that. They definitely get it from me. Dh is the type who falls asleep before his head even hits the pillow. I hate that.
That is exactly how it is in my family. I have troubles getting to sleep but Bobby is out like a light the moment he crawls under the covers. My girls have never been great sleepers. Last night Saige wasn't acting tired so I let her stay on our bed and watch a quiet movie while Daddy slept and I attempted to sleep. For a couple hours she would keep checking on me as I was drifting off and she'd kiss me on my head followed up by cute chatter. Even on days when she doesn't nap at all I can't get her to sleep, and she will still wake in the middle of the night. Even Rayne often wakes up while it's still dark and I fear sometimes she might have night terrors.

September 16th, 2011, 12:43 PM
beaumadine's Avatar Veteran
My kiddos usually fall asleep pretty well, but they are early risers. No matter what time they go down, they are up by 6:30.

My husband falls asleep easily too. Then SNORES. Drives me crazy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search