Touching Base *Updated with Video*

Forum: Gifted and Talented Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gifted and Talented Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
It has been a long while since I've posted anything and I would just like to get back in touch with all you wonderful ladies. How is everyone?

Rayne and Saige are getting big! All Rayne can talk about is how next year she gets to go to Kindergarten, when she's five. She is very excited about it! Rayne is reading really well and I love that she enjoys it. Sometimes I'll be making breakfast or lunch and I'll hear her on the couch reading one of her books. We have quite a few of those Step Into Reading stories stages 1, 2, and 3. I would like to find her some stage 4 books because she already does so well with the stage three. Her workbooks are really coming along too. We are currently on book 4 of the Explode the Code series. She has been practicing dividing and understanding syllables. Math is a little harder for her, I think she is less interested in it. She tries to hurry through problems and she doesn't prefer to use the tools at hand. However, when she slows down and uses her Abacus than she does awesome! She's been adding and subtracting teens on paper and then practicing basics on her leapfrog games.

Saige will be turning 2 years old September 30th. Like her sister I have always thought of her as petite. However when we were at the park the other day another mom asked me, "Really She's two? Is she tall for her age?" When I said I didn't think so she realized, "Oh you know what it is, she just talks so well for not even being two yet. You must read to them a lot!" I've had lots of positive remarks regarding her vocabulary over the last year. Saige is so different from her sister in so many ways, especially academically. I know she is very bright, but if it's not her idea she won't have it. I'm attempting to find new ways of encouraging learning, it's obvious I'll have to approach it differently than I had with her sister.

As for me, life has been very busy as of late. I'm working on my final assignment for a writing class I'm taking. Also I'm starting up a massage business with a friend, planning Saige's birthday, and preparing to go on an Elimination and Detoxification diet. Bobby and I just celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary which was amazing . Meanwhile he has still been applying for work at Boeing but haven't heard anything back yet. He's been preparing to take the compass exam for Everett Community College and he is hoping to place high enough that he won't need to take any extra classes before getting into the EMT training. *fingers crossed*

Last edited by Mystic_Mommy; September 16th, 2011 at 03:00 PM.
September 6th, 2011, 03:38 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for checking in! Wow, Rayne will be going to kindergarten next year? Time is sure flying. Saige turning two seemed to have come quickly too! I think she was just a baby yesterday wasn't she??? If only we could slow them all down a little! (My oldest just started her SENIOR year!!!)

Good luck to your dh. I hope he gets the job he is trying to get and does well on his exam.

Thanks for the update! We have missed you!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 12th, 2011, 07:17 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi!!!
You can practice massage on me!!

Are the Step into Reading the Scholastic books? Hugo has those. We should probably get that Explode the Code. I haven't though, no $.
I want to see pics/video of the girls!!

September 12th, 2011, 09:15 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
You should try Progressive Phonics for Hugo. It's free.

And what?! Kindergarten?! For some reason, I was thinking that was still another whole year away! Time flies!

Yes... you can practice massages on me, too. I need all the help I can get.
September 13th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Thanks!! We're going to look at it now!

ETA: Just tried that site before bed. Tiffany, you must try it with the girls!
Sergio is so much smarter than we ever give him credit for just b/c he's not in your face like his brother. I downloaded all the beginning e-books to read on screen and he was reading the individual letters and pointing to all of them quicker than Hugo. He was even reading the page numbers and getting excited. Need to go on this site regularly! They loved making the letter shapes with their hands too!

Last edited by HS&Fsmom; September 13th, 2011 at 06:11 PM.
September 15th, 2011, 10:47 AM
If only you ladies lived closer, I would love to offer you massage

Chrystal: Rayne is still a year away but it's been on my mind a lot. She will be turning 5 on January 5th so it'll be September 2012 that she starts. Already she is asking to go though, probably because she made friends with the kids next door and she always sees the school bus drive by our house.

I will have to check out that website right away! Also I 'll be sure to post pics and or video later on

The books are mostly by random house, you can see them here: Step Into Reading

September 15th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I wish you lived nearby too but just so we could hang out!!

Thanks for the Step Into Reading Link! I believe I get those confused with the Scholastic Readers which are basically identical (knockoffs). Hugo has some of both. He's into the steps 1 and 2 books.

September 16th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Here's a cute video of my girls playing outside yesterday

Rayne and Saige play Outside - YouTube

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search