What's your week looking like?

Forum: Gifted and Talented Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gifted and Talented Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2011, 03:48 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have a busy or quiet week?

What are your little ones learning about in homeschool this week?

Have a great day ladies!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 12th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
It's a pretty quiet week and hopefully one without much rain. Ani's in Pennsylvania with my mom until Thursday visiting my uncle so it's just me and the boys (and men when they're home from work). I sent some math (she's doing Algebra I) and study skills assignments and her logic book to study with Ani. Cameron's halfway through 3rd grade. No idea what he's learning this week (that's the wonderful thing about Calvert... I barely have to prepare - I just look it over a day or two ahead of time). Fritz is learning addition and is just about to move on from CVC words. I'm supposed to be teaching him addition using a number line but he can easily do it in his head. I think I might start accelerating his math a bit so he doesn't get bored. Adrian's just playing in school. He'll be learning more colors, hearing more stories, and playing more games this week.

Outside of school Cameron's got Scouts and I have a meeting at church on Wednesday night. I have my Weight Watchers meeting on Tuesday evening.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

September 12th, 2011, 06:59 AM
AmAnDaMo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have the usual swimming and ballet/tech on Monday for the little one, after-school science club and musical theater for the big one on Tuesday, and choreography class for the little one on Wednesday. We'll also have hip hop for the big one on Thursdays starting next month, but for now I'm enjoying the "day off." All that running around can be exhausting, but they love their activities, so that's what we do.

Next Monday is the big one's 10th birthday (blows my mind!!!), so the in-laws are coming from Ohio on Thursday. Thursday evening we have game night at the school, and then we're going to celebrate the big birthday by going out to dinner on Saturday and with cake and presents on Sunday.

Last edited by AmAnDaMo; September 12th, 2011 at 07:02 AM.
September 12th, 2011, 07:52 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Kinda busy for me. Lots of work and appointments to do today, so I'm giving Ben a light school day. The rest of the week will be sort of the same. I built in some padding to our Fall schedule knowing I'd be very busy and that we'd fall behind on school work at times, needing to catch up in Spring when I don't work as much. We're repeating (or finishing or reviewing or whatever) our Latin and science chapters from last week. Everything else is moving forward.

School work:

Latin (1st and 2nd noun declensions and learning the 4 neuter exception words), English (diagramming predicate nouns, predicate pronouns, direct objects, labeling predicate objects of the preposition, etc. ... lots of predicate stuff), science (digestive system), history (1st century people and events), math (multi-digit add/sub review), reading (reasoning puzzles and activities), writing (cursive handwriting, note taking, and a tiny bit of creative writing), art (intensely working on motor skills... using scissors this week and going to occupational therapy Thursday), music (learning sol note of the scale), Bible (Abram's call from Ur and journey to Egypt).

Daniel's just watching PBS and asking me a bazillion questions a day.
September 13th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Veteran
Chrystal, I hope you don't mind me asking - but I remember you saying that Ben has a hard time with fine motor skills - how is he coping with cursive?? Cursive is a dying art here - I rarely see it these days. Certainly not before grade 4.

Check out my blog: http://sproutschool.wordpress.com/
September 16th, 2011, 08:49 AM
AmAnDaMo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cursive is taught in 2nd grade here, but they don't require the kids to use it. I was wondering if they'd teach it at all. I remember being so excited when I hit middle school and they allowed us to print again. I never liked cursive. LOL

September 16th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
It's been a slow week thus far. Rayne finished her Explode the Code workbook (4) and I haven't brought out the next one yet. She's been reading and practicing some math but I've been very relaxed about her studies in general as of late.

I feel a little discouraged with Saige because she isn't interested in academics like Rayne is. I need to make games for her that will teach her things at the same time... because if she knows I'm trying to teach her something she will not have it. Rayne was so easy by comparison, I was able to take the direct approach

September 16th, 2011, 12:46 PM
beaumadine's Avatar Veteran
This was a slow week. Next week we start getting busy. We will start Sunday School, 2 bible studies and I will be taking a tax class two nights a week so that I can earn extra income during tax season. We basically only have Saturdays and Tuesday nights as a family.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search