Not again!

Forum: Gifted and Talented Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gifted and Talented Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Kathode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm really mad right now. Mia just told me how she's so lucky because her and Noemie were the only two chosen to be teachers helpers and that is a really big responsibility. I asked her what that meant, exactly, and she said they stay inside during recess a couple of times a week to help the teacher with her papers and stuff. I said help how? well, we put different papers in different piles, and just help her with whatever she needs. It's a really big responsibility and because we're such good students, we get to do it!

Yay! Filing! My girl is being used as an administrative assistant by her teacher. This Noemie is also gifted and luckily Mia has her to hang with or else she would be alone. But this seems to be pretty close to exploitation I think. I want my kid to go play outside during recess, not do your filing. Grrrrr....

I'm so fed up right now of our stupid school system....

September 12th, 2011, 09:12 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
*sigh*

I remember that when I was a kid... but honestly, I enjoyed it (and still do). I wasn't the outdoorsy recess type, but I was the OCD organizational type. If she enjoys being outside, though, I'd certainly pitch a fit!
September 13th, 2011, 03:24 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Erin used to do the same thing. She stayed in to organize books, and even grade papers!!! She did go out sometimes, but she enjoyed staying in. I didn't think of it as exploiting her, I just knew Erin is always the teacher's pet. She would do anything to please.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 13th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I used to be used by the teacher like that. I LOVED it! Honestly! I loved being teacher's pet. I loved getting to do all that stuff.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

September 13th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Veteran
*blush* I have a couple of students who beg to do jobs like that for me They are very trustworthy so I let them. Last week they clean up all the paint pots and brushes for me

BUT, I would never regularly do it!

Check out my blog: http://sproutschool.wordpress.com/
September 16th, 2011, 08:51 AM
AmAnDaMo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like she really enjoys it, though, so maybe it's not such a bad thing. I would have loved that, and I know my oldest would much rather do that than go out for recess, too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search