I do have to say

Forum: Gifted and Talented Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gifted and Talented Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2011, 07:04 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that my class is "Early literacy and reading for young children" and it is interesting. I feel like it was an unnecessary class for me since I am a reading interventionist - but it was a good first class for me to take.

Anyway - we were talking the other night about low readers as well as gifted students and high readers. We are learning ways to incorporate high readers to become better readers and we were told to NEVER allow high readers to teach low readers. It can cause self esteem issues for the low readers and it isn't fair to the better readers. The goals of all students should be to read better, no matter what the current level is. Someone should have told Erin's teacher's that because she always ended up helping lower students.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 24th, 2011, 07:09 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
It's new. There used to be a peer group mentality that kids would learn better from kids and/or they'd get over whatever it was that was holding them back. Research has shown that all it really did was kill the egos of kids who didn't learn as fast as others. Pairing true peers on a project is fine, but pairing a blue jay with a black bird isn't fair. (Am I the only one who remembers "blue jay" and "black bird" groups?)
September 24th, 2011, 07:14 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow I do not know the blue jay and black bird groups.

I totally agree with not pairing them together. Wonder why it took them so long to figure that out.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search