OCT roll call and question

Forum: Gifted and Talented Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gifted and Talented Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2011, 03:51 PM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Say a quick hello and tell us what you wanted to be when you grew up. Is that what you ended up doing??

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

October 17th, 2011, 06:17 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wanted to be a children's book author. Haven't gotten there yet. I've been too busy with everything else. I think I've been a closeted social worker since age 7 though when I started inviting "less fortunate" kids to my b-day parties and later was fascinated by Jane Addams. Didn't know the name for it though b/c I was never exposed to the field until college!

October 17th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Kathode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up! I started college in Psychology, then switched to business, then stopped for a bit and worked as logistics manager and had kids, then finished my business degree but am working as an ESL teacher at a high school. So who knows where I will eventually end up!

October 18th, 2011, 12:03 PM
beaumadine's Avatar Veteran
I wanted to be a criminal psychologist. I got the BA but never went any further. Instead I became the mother of four!
October 19th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I wanted to be an archeologist until I learned that I'd have to go to places where the food wasn't what I was used to - very picky eater. So I went into accounting & computers instead. Now I'm doing project management.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
October 19th, 2011, 10:30 AM
AmAnDaMo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wanted to be an actress or a psychological profiler. The actress thing seems funny now, because I don't like doing anything in front of people, although I didn't used to be that way. I did end up getting my BS in forensic chemistry and my minor in psychology, although the only forensic work I ever did was in the area of toxicology...nothing very interesting.

I did know I always wanted to be a mother, and that part worked out. I've been a SAHM for the past 5 years and I couldn't be happier.

October 21st, 2011, 12:25 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I wanted to be a vulcanologist (studies volcanoes... not star trek vulcans ). Um... nope. I wanted to be a teacher. Briefly, but nope (unless homeschooling counts). Doctor. Nope. Mommy. YEP!
October 23rd, 2011, 10:04 PM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, I'm mostly a lurker here, but thought I'd out myself a bit.

My name is Shannon. I wanted to be an architect from the time I was 5 or 6. Then in college, I changed my major to education with a minor in chemistry (I wanted to teach middle school science). Later I quit because I just wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I ended up going to culinary school and now I'm a part-time chef and full-time mom. I also substitute teach in a culinary school and would LOVE to do that full time at some point.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search