We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
The local school three blocks from my house called and said if I write a letter to the superintendent about early enrollment they will send a school psychologist to visit her in June or July to see if she is ready for Kindergarten. If we wait open enrollment for all the other area schools will be over. I know Noble Local will take her and it is only 5 miles from my house. Someone told me to enroll her in both and withdraw whichever school I don't want her to go to. Well now the big question is do I enroll her in Noble local, The school three blocks from my house which is giving me the runaround, or do both in case the local school refuses to take her?
Rachel Meets with Noble Local school April 19. I am hoping they give us the green light. I am tempted to call my pediatrician who says she needs to be in Kindergarten and see if he will write a letter of reccomendation for her. The word of a doctor may give us an extra boost.
Unless your doc is also a child psychologist of some variety, I really don't think it'll help at all. (Worth a try if you think your doc would actually do it, though.) They just need to meet her and possibly do their own evaluations with a school psychologist. Very few schools accept evaluations outside their own experts' opinions.