What are they reading?

Forum: Gifted and Talented Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gifted and Talented Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2012, 09:02 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
What's the current book? Ben's reading Captains Courageous (first time) and Robin Hood (again). Daniel's reading whatever picture book he pulls off the shelf (and leaves on the floor ).
July 19th, 2012, 05:04 AM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rachel is reading Fancy Nancy and the too loose tooth. Jamie keeps having me read Llama Llama home with Mama to her. She loves the llama books.
July 19th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Ani - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (reread) and The Last Guardian (the new Artemis Fowl)

Cameron - The Zippity Zinger (4th Hank Zipzer book) and listening to The Last Guardian audiobook

Fritz - he reads a level one reader every day

Adrian - likes to pretend to read

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 20th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nathan started reading Magic Tree House books at school and so has wanted to finish reading the series this summer. He reads them and fills out a question sheet about each one. He likes the easy reads for the summer so he can finish the book in one sitting.

He has also been reading a lot of nonfiction books this summer-biographies, ocean life, and national monuments mostly. He answers questions about these books too.

In need to have him read The Mouse and the Motorcycle though because we signed up for a parent/child discussion at the library.
July 21st, 2012, 06:05 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugo's favorite this weekend is "Junior," about Pecos Bill's lesser-known son. Also been reading some Andy Griffith film books at my parents' house.

Sergio has been wanting his usual Dr. Seuss stories.

July 22nd, 2012, 07:59 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Hello...?! Who DOESN'T want to read Dr. Seuss?! (I still read them myself without the kids. )
July 23rd, 2012, 01:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lucy just started the Little House on the Prairie series & is loving it. Noah's reading several small books a day.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
July 24th, 2012, 05:36 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BensMom View Post
Hello...?! Who DOESN'T want to read Dr. Seuss?! (I still read them myself without the kids. )
LOL... ME, after living with Sergio's obsession... I think we can recite all of them.
Although I just heard of one about a boy who runs away from a scary pair of pants? I don't think we have that one. Must be one of the obscure ones.

Hugo just finished a summer reading program through my mom's church for the 2nd summer. He'll get a certificate in a couple weeks at her church. Not sure what all he read, although he finished them today apparently. I think they were all religious books but one may have been about firefighting, not sure. My mom helped him with it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search