Summer burn-out?

Forum: Gifted and Talented Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gifted and Talented Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2012, 09:24 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Are you ready for summer to be over?

Are the kids ready?
July 23rd, 2012, 09:03 PM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Seriously....NO. We don't go start school until Aug 27th (I go back on Aug 20th) and Erin doesn't go back until Sept 4th!!! We still have time.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

July 23rd, 2012, 09:21 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Usually, I'm really stressed out in summer and can't wait for Fall; but this year, I'm loving summer and kinda dreading Fall.
July 24th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My kids are still enjoying summer big time. I however am getting a little burned out. We actually started up homeschooling yesterday just to get a change in routine. I felt like all they were doing was fighting and making messes. We are in need of a new car so we've been having to stick close to home for the past few weeks. I can still take them to the park and pool (they're on base) but I miss being able to take day trips to wherever I want.
July 24th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My kids are totally bored and ready to go back. Even though they have a pool, trampoline, bikes, scooters - you name it. They're tired of being home all day. So I'm ready for them to go back to school too.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
July 24th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We've had a really busy summer and even though the boys argue at times, it's been nice to go and do things! Things get much slower in August though. Baseball finished last week, the Y closes for the second 1/2 of August, story time and music mania at the library are done after this week, etc. We'll probably go bowling a few more times before the free program ends, hit the zoo, and maybe I'll brave driving downtown (Chicago) to take them to one of the museums we have memberships to.

I do miss getting my time to work out though, so I do look forward to getting that back once school starts back up.
July 24th, 2012, 05:45 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ours is basically over! I work in a year-round school and went back to work last week. I'll most likely be enrolling Hugo there next year since he's been asking for a couple weeks to go back to school. They are still doing summer-ish things (wading pool at my mom's, etc) but we're back in the "fall" groove already.

I don't mind. Since it's our first year in our new house I am really excited to get ready for our first fall here. We have a lot planned and it's going to be awesome!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search