How was your holiday?

Forum: Gifted and Talented Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gifted and Talented Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2013, 08:34 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Did you do anything cool over the past few weeks? Anything exciting to talk about?
January 3rd, 2013, 04:04 PM
Veteran
No, our break has been sad - our whole month has been sad. We went to one funeral after another from the end of November to right before Western Christmas - 10 people we knew, 4 of them children (6-17). And we added two more this week - I hate to say it, but thankfully they were only people we knew in passing rather than close to - I'm not sure I could handle much more. On top of all that my grandfather is sick, my father-in-law is sick, and my mother-in-law hurt her arm and she's my fil's caregiver. It'd be nice if all the sad news could take a hiatus for awhile.

January 3rd, 2013, 04:28 PM
Ugh! I had a year like that 4 years ago and 23 years ago. Surely next year will be better for you.

Our Christmas was sort of in the dark and definitely cold! We were in an ice storm and lost power for days. We were putting food from the fridge outside in the snow and eating it cold, and we used up the last of the firewood before my dad was able to bring more. My grandmother is 83, and that's the first white Christmas she's ever seen... doesn't happen very often in AR! We got 7 inches at her house and 9 inches at my parents' house. The snow was fun, but the ice that came right before it wasn't!
January 3rd, 2013, 11:35 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Geez, 8forus, that is sad.

Hugo got his baritone horn!! At least he's put it down some this week. He had it out all the time and any time he heard music last week he was attempting to play along.

We have had a great time doing fun things together. It was like a mini-vacation. I'm sad to see it end, but life must go on so I can get closer to having the baby. I stocked the baby's drawers and closets with mostly hand-me-downs but some great sale finds, and gave away the boys' old clothes to 6 people.

January 5th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Where did you get it? Is it a full sized one? Is it 3 or 4 valved? You HAVE to post a video!! Can't wait to see him play!
January 6th, 2013, 02:32 AM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by BensMom View Post
Did you do anything cool over the past few weeks? Anything exciting to talk about?
It was great, thanks for asking! I found out that I'm pregnant, again. So that was interesting. I have like, (almost) 5 kids now (no, seriously... ok, ok. Two of them are stepkids). Can you believe that?

Sorry, just saw your username and couldn't resist coming in to say hi. It's been a while! Hope you're doing well

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

January 6th, 2013, 07:26 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine was hectic as usual. I tried to do too much, cooking breakfast and dinner and had people in and out all day. It was exhausting.

School starts again (for me) tomorrow. I returned to work last Wednesday.

It was a nice break, but makes me wish for more time.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

January 6th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValyntineG View Post
It was great, thanks for asking! I found out that I'm pregnant, again. So that was interesting. I have like, (almost) 5 kids now (no, seriously... ok, ok. Two of them are stepkids). Can you believe that?

Sorry, just saw your username and couldn't resist coming in to say hi. It's been a while! Hope you're doing well
4:32 a.m.?! Good morning to you, too! Sent you a pm!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search