Shari

Forum: Gifted and Talented Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gifted and Talented Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2013, 09:51 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
From the check-in thread:

Quote:
Kelsey's grades in college weren't what I would have liked to have seen, but hopefully she will buckle down and do better this semester. She had two B's and two C's but that made her GPA 2.6. She needs a 3.0 (cumulative) to keep her academic scholarship. If she doesn't keep that scholarship she's coming home to live here and go to school locally (and cheaper) than going to that college. The ball is now in her court. We'll see what she does.
So how is she doing this semester? Has she talked about her grades much? Does she have mid-terms or anything?

Last edited by BensMom; March 17th, 2013 at 09:54 PM.
March 18th, 2013, 08:33 PM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I typed a long response and my internet signal was lost and so was my response. Grrrrrrr. I will retype in the morning.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

March 18th, 2013, 08:50 PM
I hate that.
March 19th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Me too. We will see how she is doing. She has an A, a B, and two C's but she says that one C is now a B. So I guess and A, 2 Bs and 1 C. We shall see if it's enough to keep her GPA up and her scholarship.

She hasn't been taking her meds either. That's not helping. She just told me when she came home for spring break that she hadn't had any for the last week. I think I fill her prescription every other month because she is never taking it.

What am I going to do with this kid???

March 19th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Wait... what? Meds?? Did I miss something?
March 20th, 2013, 09:23 PM
I swear I mentioned it here before.

She has severe ADD. She has been on meds since 3rd grade. She was never tested as "gifted" or seemed as advanced as my other kidlets, but her ADD hinders that. She's very intelligent and a gifted artist and writer. School has been a struggle for her but the medication has been a lifesaver for her. Except now she doesn't think she wants to take it. Not that she doesn't NEED to take it - she knows she does - but she doesn't want to. And now she's 18 so what can I do? I can't drive to college and make sure she takes it. She knows what's on the line if she doesn't keep her scholarship.

March 20th, 2013, 10:00 PM
No! I didn't know that!! But yes, it's her choice, I suppose.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search