Need to brag!

Forum: Gifted and Talented Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By My2miracles

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gifted and Talented Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I haven't been around in a while. Things have been crazy. I feel bad popping in to brag but I just have to

This has been Lucy's week! Which was much needed. She has struggled for a few years now being highly intelligent but having a vision issue that holds her back academically. She endured a bad case of bullying just a couple of months ago.

So brag #1, each year her school district takes 1 piece of art from each school within the district & puts in on display at the District office. This year Lucy's art was chosen!!!!! I'm so proud of her! The art teacher she has this year is really teaching art not kids crafts. She's just the kind of teacher Lucy needs and now Lucy is getting recognition for her talent!

Brag #2 - Lucy is really becoming a gifted dancer. The studio she dances at makes a point of not singling out kids - treating them all the same. I've watch her dance 5 years now & have been amazed at how quickly she caught up with kids who started classes at 3 (she started at 6). I love watching her - she is so graceful & her dancing just touches me. But of course, I have mommy eyes

A few months ago, her teacher slipped and told me "Lucy is a phenomenal dancer". Not good, not great but phenomenal!!!!!

Then at the studio last night 2 mothers told me how good she was. 1 said that she was the best dancer in the class & a natural. The other said that she noticed Lucy in a dance at last years recital. She didn't know who she was then but she couldn't stop watching her because she was so good.

I'm so proud!
shari626 likes this.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
April 26th, 2013, 04:00 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
That's wonderful!!! WTG, Lucy!!!
April 29th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Kris.. was it displayed at Prairie center???

and congrats Lucy!!!!
April 29th, 2013, 06:27 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Way to go Lucy!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

April 29th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FandJsmomma View Post
Kris.. was it displayed at Prairie center???

and congrats Lucy!!!!

No at the Schaumburg District 54 offices.

Good to see you again! We still have to get together sometime!

April 29th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Frannie had some artwork displayed at Prairie center in March. It is very cool that they are also emphasizing the arts in our district!
May 1st, 2013, 03:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Great for Frannie!!!! I do love that with all the talk you hear about schools cutting the arts, our district is emphasizing them. They have strong music programs.

May 1st, 2013, 05:24 PM
There are some big changes coming next year Kris. I am hoping they are all good changes. I do know that each school will have a full time gifted resource teacher.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search