Handwriting?

Forum: Learning Disabilities and Special Education

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Learning Disabilities and Special Education LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2008, 09:19 AM
fiefer87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is your child's handwriting?

What have you done to help improve it?
September 11th, 2008, 05:06 AM
outnumbered's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to outnumbered
It's still pretty bad. He's making it darker and remembering spaces, but his formation is still all over the place.

If anyone has any advice, I'm all ears.

I am a breastfeeding, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, no crying it out, baby wearing mama of 3 boys, one of which has autism. Meet my boys here (having technical difficulties with my website). My blogs are On Top of Mt. Laundry and The Cache Checkers.

Most frequently found at the Cloth Diapering board but also a member of the July '05 PR, Austim board and the Choosing Not To Vaccinate board.

September 17th, 2008, 03:15 PM
I am in the same boat. Alexis still needs a lot of hand over hand assistance for writing. Grr, even with markers or dry erase boards.
September 19th, 2008, 07:59 AM
PIXIEDUST's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We ordered and just recieved a cross over pencil grip to see if proper thumb/forefinger placement will help with the mess that is Connors handwriting. He loves it so far..

September 19th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Where did you order it from? I would be interested in learning more about it.
September 19th, 2008, 10:42 AM
PIXIEDUST's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am in Canada so I ordered it from Scholars choice but you can also get them through several sites out of the US

here is a link I found to one in the US
http://thepencilgrip.com/cat.php?k=25774

September 19th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks for link. They look pretty interesting and might be beneficial
December 22nd, 2008, 10:01 PM
Newbies
Hi! This might be the wrong thread i'm still feeling my way around here. My son was having the hardest time with writing his letters backwards and taking the time to dot letters for him to practice with or find them on the internet and print them out for him. It was exhausting. His birthday was coming up and I was looking for thank you cards for him that were already pre printed with the dots inside. and I found this website that actually had them. I ordered a box, thinking no harm no foul. They were amazing and because they were actually thank you cards and not just a printed practice sheets. Believe it or not he knows the difference and made it quite clear that he did. He was practically begging me to finish them.

I orderd some Christmas thank you cards for him and Its one of the best things I've ever found or done for him.

I thought I'd pass on the link if anyone is interested. I'm open for other ideas as well.

Thanks and by the way this is my first post here! I love this message board!

Mary

oh here's the link!

www.createdformoms.com

August 29th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Hi, I'm new here, my son is dysgraphic and it has been reconmended that we try Handwriting without Tears program. He was working on this with his OT and making some improvement until she left. (Still waiting for a new OT that takes kids) You can actually buy the materials on line just search Handwriting without tears. It uses a two line paper instead of three. It does work.
September 20th, 2009, 07:50 PM
crazeydaisy1975's Avatar Veteran
Justin's handwriting is horrible...we try different things but none of it works..it's just too messy and he can't keep up with other classmates when writing...i've tried the little weights to put on there..

hugs
edee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search