n00b here :)

Forum: Learning Disabilities and Special Education

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Learning Disabilities and Special Education LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2009, 10:35 PM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello everyone!

I'm Angela and I'm currently studying to be a special education teacher. I am married and have three children and one on the way, no issues.

I currently attend a liberal arts college so I have no idea where I want to teach, where to start, etc. I will be looking into getting my Master's in Teaching as soon as I graduate.

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

May 16th, 2009, 04:24 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hi angela,

i follow you in the august ddc. i just wanted to encourage you in your endeavor to be a spec ed teacher. it is so gratifiying. i worked as a para-pro (read that as t.a.) in southern cali for over 11 years. to say i loved my job is an understatment! i worked in a school district that allowed me to have a huge amount of freedom teaching as well as with a SE teacher that could trust me with backing her up in every way. i had my own groups of kids that i specifically did pull-out with, as well as a lot of one on one. i also sheltered the 504 kids when i could (there came a time when the policy was that i could not assist the 504's but i did anyway). my DIL, lissy, is in university looking forward to a teaching career in the near future. i think they will ultimately end up in WA so there is not shortage of teaching jobs there. i don't know where you live but i definitely don't recommend cali at this time- they are laying off teachers as well as many admin/classified staff due to our state being broke. its tragic for the kids.

good luck!

terre
May 16th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks!! I am currently in WA State... I'm not sure how exactly I'm going to pursue my goal, but I'm definitely thinking of going with the Master's degree and then going for special ed, that way I'm completely ready.

Thanks again for your help

May 16th, 2009, 10:45 PM
*stupid double posts*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search