New (or coming back to Just Mommies) FEELING GUILTY

Forum: Learning Disabilities and Special Education

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Learning Disabilities and Special Education LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm coming back to just mommies after about a year. My name is julz and I am 23 I have 2 boys Joshua who is 3 1/2 and Blake who is 1 1/2. Both of my boys need extra help in one way or another. Joshua has been diagnosed with ADHD and Blake has been classified as "mentally delayed"...I can't believe I'm sharing this with a bunch of women I don't know but if Mom's can't be there for eachother I figure theres just no hope.

I have been feeling super guilty lately because I am getting SO FRUSTRATED! I've been pushing and pulling extra hard trying to get Joshua into the "extra help" pre-school in our town. It's been taking forever and I have a feeling they are not going to except him even though he is cognativly, socially and emotionally delayed not to mention has the classification. I always wanted to home school him and still do but he's so hard to get to sit down that I don't know if he would actually learn anything from me.

Blake gets all kinds of therapy through early intervention at our home and is actually learning things. But getting him to actually do what he is learning for example the sign for more, give me, ect or say a few words that he has is near IMPOSSIBLE...I know I am not supposed to give in when he wines, but hearing him scream breaks my heart.

I love my boys and would do anything for them but sometimes i get so frustrated im in tears....please tell me i'm not alone!
February 3rd, 2010, 09:16 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Brandy Luing Send a message via Skype™ to Brandy Luing
Honey you are far from being alone... I have a 9 year old that is Devlopment delayed and a 6 year old speeach delayed and let me tell you at times I just want to scream my head off....

My 9 year old is ADD and ADHA so it's even harder to deal with at times. Just take a step back when you feel frustrated and know they feed off of you... at least mine does.

email me if you ever want to just talk I am here I know what you are going thou

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search