Add/adhd

Forum: Learning Disabilities and Special Education

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Learning Disabilities and Special Education LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2012, 06:01 PM
butterfly68's Avatar Super Mommy
Wondering if any one has had any experience with homeopathic medication for ADD/ADHD?

My daughter was diagnosed with it at 8, she's 11 now and in grade 6 and on her most recent report card they have her reading at a grade 2.4 level
I want to do something to help her since she's struggling so much but the side effects of ritalin and stuff scare the crap out of me.

*Thankyou Kiliki for my wonderful siggy*

Nearly 7 months since I quit smoking!!
March 22nd, 2012, 07:12 PM
Super Mommy
I have an 11 year old who was on a stimulant medication.. Honestly.. let that crap scare you, because it did me.. in 2nd grade we started medication, it helped with focus and classroom behavior but the non stimulant stuff wore off quick and of course the teachers were not happy.. he went to concerta (which is the same as long lasting ritalin) which helped but, now in 5th grade he is not responding well.. I am pretty sure it is the body changes with puberty that have made it worse.. He slowly started to display mood swings, depression.. and I never asked the question only because I am almost 100% positive he was suicidal.. I took him off when I came to that realization, the school had a fit and I pulled him out and am now homeschooling him.. He has been home now for two weeks with me.

My son is rather full blown adhd (maybe a little aspergers as well) When his focus is gone you kinda have to let him go blow off the energy to get him back. He can be obnoxious, has trouble with voice loudness control (likes to yell out alot randomly) and to make things worse was always tested advanced which makes it ten times harder for him to sit still in a classroom because he is unfocused and bored with the material..

Try Fish oil, that is what I have started him on. A nurse at the doctors office suggested it to me. He is taking an omega 3 6 9, which is a large pill but they do make a Kril oil now which is suppose to be smaller easier to swallow.

When he takes it, it is a lot easier to get him back into focus.. he takes them twice a day.

Now that he is home with me tho, I am more accepting of his behavior then the school and flexible with his attention.. Give it a try tho, the worst that can happen is she will have great skin and nails! (way better side effect then suicidal thoughts and wicked mood swings)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search